1.3 C
Ottawa, Ontario
Sunday, October 20, 2019

Thursday Night League – Ettyville Super Spin

Home Forums Events Other Events Thursday Night League – Ettyville Super Spin

This topic contains 38 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Pyrell 2 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Pyrell
    Participant

League starts April 18th!!!!

This will be a “soft” league start. Cameron and Ardib won’t be back from University until the next Thursday and we’ll do more of a launch party on April 25th.

Format will be Best Disc Random Doubles – tee time 6:30 pm (be prepared for dusk/dark play)

– $5 buy in plus $5 green fee’s for non pass holders
    – 50/50 progressive ace pot (proceeds to Ettyville Super Spin events and course upgrades)
    – People are welcome to come anytime after 4 pm.

-$40 season pass available (note: this is not a pass just to this league. This is a pass/membership to play the Super Spin for the season)

Hope to see you there.

Pyrell
    Participant

Weather is calling for rain Thursday night. The late spring has even the dry parts of the course still a bit wet.

That being said I will still be around Thursday night and host something. Worst case is we can always practice putting under the coverall and/or get out an play some. People have wanted to come get some practice in before the tournaments this weekend. Practicing some wet golf play may not be a bad idea.

There will be no Green Fee’s charged. Maybe some side games for fun but no “buy in” this week.

If you want to play some of the course please be prepared for wet play.

Pyrell
    Participant

Weather looks great for this Thursday League. Course has been drying out nicely. Cameron and Ardib fly in today.

We will play a back “14” modified 18 hole spring layout. I will provide an update Wednesday night on course conditions and foot wear suggestions.

Format will be Best Disc Random Doubles (mids) – tee time 6:30 pm (be prepared for dusk/dark play)
    – 50/50 progressive ace pot (proceeds to Ettyville Super Spin events and course upgrades)
    -$40 season pass available (note: this is not a pass just to this league. This is a pass/membership to play the Super Spin for the season)

Pyrell
    Participant

League Night April 25, 2019
    Important details for this evening
    1) Course has standing water in spots. Wet foot wear is recommended. Worst case is like a 6 inch puddle to navigate. I’ll announce the casual water rules tonight.
    2) Flood waters are still up. Johnston Rd, Boileau Rd, and Schnupp Rd are likely closed. Come around the back way via Roblillard Rd. (the paved way).
    3) No coolers or food tonight.

General Info:

Show up anytime this afternoon as Cameron and Ardib will be around.
    We will play best disc random draw doubles starting at 6:30 pm. Amount of holes will be TBD based on number and general conditions.

– $2 50/50 progressive ace pot (proceeds to Ettyville Super Spin events and course upgrades)

Hope to see you there.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Pyrell.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Pyrell.
    Pyrell
    Participant

League Night May 2, 2019
    Details for this evening
    1) Course is drying out nicely and we did not get much rain over the past 24 hours. Rubber boots and/or waterproof footwear is recommended
    2) Flood waters are almost all gone but the township is probably busy with the Ottawa river floods and they have not repaired or opened all the roads up. Johnston Rd, Boileau Rd, and Schnupp Rd are likely closed. Come around the back way via Roblillard Rd. to be safe(the paved way).
    3) Burgers and beverages are on for tonight so bring some extra cash for that.

General Info:
    Show up anytime this afternoon as Ardib will be around.
    We will play best disc random draw doubles starting at 6:30 pm. Amount of holes will be TBD based on number and general conditions.
    – $2 50/50 progressive ace pot (proceeds to Ettyville Super Spin events and course upgrades) Pot stands at $3.
    Hope to see you there.

adamsm
    adamsm
    Participant

In!
    Are there any special parking considerations, are we OK to drive up ‘coverall lane’?

Pyrell
    Participant

All good to park up by the coverall Mike. See you tonight!

Pyrell
    Participant

League Night May 9, 2019

Possibility of rain tonight.

Forecast shows one thing and radar projections show it maybe not hitting until after play would be done.

colin
    colin
    Participant

I’m 50/50 for this week. Just waiting for the right moment to ask my wife! :p

Ken Darcovich
    Ken Darcovich

Johnny, will there be doubles tonight? I’m green lighted…

Pyrell
    Participant

League is on for tonight.

Wet footwear recommended. Keeps raining.

Feel free to come out and play anytime as Ardib is around.

I know I’ve posted 6:30 tee off but we have been starting around 6:00 pm. If you can not get there until 6:30 try and let me know.

We have also been playing as many holes as we can and have been finishing in the dark so having some lights on discs is recommended.

Things are very organic at the moment depending on the crowd and situation. Same will apply tonight so please be flexible as I want everyone to have a good time and compete for some payout.

Basket has be re-located on hole#4 and is worth checking out. It’s only about 70 feet right behind the old placement but makes it a bit more interesting.

Hope to see you tonight.

Ken Darcovich
    Ken Darcovich

I can be there before 6 pm.
    sounds good.

Pyrell
    Participant

League Night May 23, 2019

Course is/was drying out nicely. Weather projections show a band of rain coming through this afternoon but clearing behind it.

Depending on how much rain comes would determine footwear.

Burgers and coolers will be on.

Looking to tee off at 6:15 pm. Please let me know if you are planning on attending and your arrival may be after 6 pm so we can include you in the random doubles draw.

Hope to see you there.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Avatar Pyrell.
    Pyrell
    Participant

League Night May 30th

Course is drying out nicely. Still may be a few soft spots in the woods but conditions are way better. There is a chance of a thundershower this evening but it’s too early to really know. Maybe have an umbrella handy.

Bugs are out. So be prepared.

Burgers and Coolers are on!!!

Looking to tee-off for 6:15 pm. Get a hold of me if you are planning on playing and will arrive close or late.

Hope to see you.

Ace pot is at $13!!!

Eric Vinet
    Participant

I will be there ..and arrive close or late

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.