1.3 C
Ottawa, Ontario
Sunday, October 20, 2019

Ottawa Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl XVIII | Saturday, February 9 | 9am

Home Forums Events Ice League Ottawa Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl XVIII | Saturday, February 9 | 9am

Tagged: 

This topic contains 48 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by andros andros 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    colin
    colin
    Participant

My work, Foko, will sponsor a hole.

And I’ll bring some-kind-of-chicken thing in a slow cooker. TBD.

bbp
    bbp
    Participant

We played the IB course at the last IL event @ Larrimac. And it was fun.

The course is very similar to last year’s event:

Hole 1

A shorty downhill. Not a difficult one, but not a gimmie. Thinking a two is needed to compete.

Hole 2

The first par 4 of the day. The frickin snow around the green is DEEEEEEP! If conditions stay the same I won’t even be putting with a non-ribboned disc. Best to be in the middle off your drive. Road looks like it should be OB, but it’s not. The highway is OB. Nothing else.

Hole 3

The second par 4 of the day. A short par 4, but if you got an eagle 2, you’d be ecstatic. A 3 feels good, and a 4 is hang your head and wish you didn’t waste your mullies on the hole before

Hole 4

The Larrimac Signature Hole. Off the top tee box to the evergreens. The Plaid Jacket Bytown Big-time hole 1. It’s a ways down there (I can’t get there in the winter, but fly past in the summer)

Hole 5

A slight uphill chuck to a nicely wood-guarded green. The roads would make a fun OB, but NO OB FOR YOU!

Hole 6

Another classic Larrimac green; under the pine. I love this hole. And one of these days I’m going to make a putt on it

Hole 7

Another slight uphill shot with an insanely guarded green. The huge spruce will not be fun to putt from, so don’t go in there

Hole 8

The Abyss.

Hole 9

Maybe the biggest walk to a tee and I apologize. If I was thinking I would have dropped the tee closer to 8’s green. But I didn’t. And the same throw as last year. Justin threw a flick to 30′ on Saturday. Awesome.

Hole 10

Not the same hole as we love, but a much easier walk to the tee in the metre of snow out there. The green is still in it’s nasty place (this is the green of Plaid 10 too!)

Hole 11

This is for the short players out there. Very low ceiling and no option to hyzer around. Skip-it-baby!

Hole 12

Back to the parking lot. Wonderful green-bump with several hit-u-down branches on the way. Remember, NO OB FOR YOU!

Winning best-disc-doubles on 17 holes 1-12,1-5 was a -8

Justin took a whack of pics. Maybe he’ll share.

bbp
    bbp
    Participant

Ben’s doing a cupcake thing…and will be playing Above Freezing

Steph Clavel
    Steph Clavel
    Participant

Registration posts are up to date!

Please check your division. If you don’t see your name, comment pls!

6 holes left for sponsorship. Tee signs will be sent off for printing Wednesday. Let me know asap if you would like to sponsor a hole! Comment below.

Pot luck – Those bringing slow cookers, please bring an extension cord. (no more slow cookers pls!)

RIBBON YOUR DISCS!!! If you have snowshoes, bring them!!

Bring a pair of shoes to wear inside. Bar will be open!

bbp
    bbp
    Participant

[quote quote=1398]Count me in. I couldn’t convince Dylan to miss his basketball game for this, though.

<hr>[/quote]

So you’re going to take on Max for him in the Above Freezing division. Hopefully you’re playing with your left hand and only one snowshoe on.

bbp
    bbp
    Participant

[quote quote=1409]Registration posts are up to date!

6 holes left for sponsorship. Tee signs will be sent off for printing Wednesday. Let me know asap if you would like to sponsor a hole! Comment below.

Pot luck – Those bringing slow cookers, please bring an extension cord. (no more slow cookers pls!)

RIBBON YOUR DISCS!!! If you have snowshoes, bring them!!

Bring a pair of shoes to wear inside. Bar will be open!

<hr>[/quote]

Bar will be open

bbp
    bbp
    Participant

Huh. What’s with the <HR> showing up on the quotes? (and I figured out how to quote)

Hasty
    Hasty
    Participant

[quote quote=1372]In – Above Freezing

I’ll get back about what we will bring for the potluck.

<hr>[/quote]

Steph is going to make peanut butter cookies.

colin
    colin
    Participant

[quote quote=1413]Huh. What’s with the <HR> showing up on the quotes? (and I figured out how to quote)

<hr>[/quote]

Tech wizard!

colin
    colin
    Participant

[quote quote=1409]Registration posts are up to date!

<hr>[/quote]

Can you move me up a division 🙂 Thanks!

omr
    omr
    Participant

Chick peas with spinach and honey sweet potatoes with yoghurt, lemon, oil & garlic sauce.

radapaw
    Participant

[quote quote=1400]

Justin took a whack of pics. Maybe he’ll share.

[/quote]

Pics are available on FB page. Might be worth getting a throwaway account, Penton. I’ve posted a bunch of galleries:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bPzW10E.jpg[/img]

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar radapaw.
    bbp
    bbp
    Participant

Facebook is shit

radapaw
    Participant

[quote quote=1423]Facebook is shit

[/quote]

I agree, however our FB page is our most active channel.

adamsm
    adamsm
    Participant

[quote quote=1413]Huh. What’s with the <HR> showing up on the quotes? (and I figured out how to quote)

<hr>[/quote]

I think the HR is an opening “Horizontal Rule” code in HTML and for some reason it does not automatically put in the corresponding closing code.
    This post tries to insert it manually `</hr>

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.