-5 C
Ottawa, Ontario
Friday, February 22, 2019

Bar League Putting Event Five

Home Forums Events Bar League Putting Series Bar League Putting Event Five

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ken Darcovich Ken Darcovich 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Beau
    Beau
    Participant

Bar League Putting Event Five

When: Wednesday, January 16th @ 7:00 PM (Registration at 6:45 PM)

Where: The Draft Pub, 2nd Floor, 801 King Edward Ave.

Cost: The cost is $5 per player or $10 per team.

Random Draw Doubles Format
    At 6:55 PM, all registered players will be randomized into pairs. Winning teams cannot play together again this season. We’ll do our best to ensure that there are no repeat teams at this point.

If there’s an uneven number of players registered, an organizer may join in, or there might be a lone wolf (Cali). Decisions will be made at the time of the event.

More details on the putting league Rules and Format here,
    http://odgc.ca/forums/topic/bar-league-putting-rules-and-format/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Beau
    Beau
    Participant

BLP #5

Beau
    Beau
    Participant

Thank you to everyone who came out last night, it was a blast as usual.

Here are the results,

1. Justin and Carl ($40)
    2. Don and Steph ($10)

The Swiss Bracket Results are attached below.

The Putt Pot is now at a whopping $184

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Beau Beau.
    Attachments:
    Ken Darcovich
    Ken Darcovich
    Participant

The previous week, Claus and I were wondering how much putting we were actually doing at Putting League.
    The reference is that an 18-hole round might have less than 10 putts of a comparable distance that I would
    be genuinely going for. I consider these PL putts as serious attempts.

Kept stats on my putting league session tonight… interesting to see the cold facts.
    my total number of putts was 78, not quite 100 as we thought might happen, but I think tonight’s games were a bit on the short side.
    my overall pct was 27%. goes up to 33% if we don’t count the game against claus and brenda. 🙂
    fwiw, here are the details:

Ken Darcovich
    Ken Darcovich
    Participant

This forum is not so good.

It seems you can edit once, then the post is locked.
    Above, I tried to show a data table. The formatting looked good in the draft, but was bad in the forum.
    I tried to make a BBCode table, the mess above is what is now locked in for your viewing pleasure…

Attachments:
    admin
    admin
    Keymaster

hey Ken,

You’re saying that you can’t edit posts more than once? I’ll look into the settings for this.

BTW – I did look into settings for allowing you to delete posts and it looks like you can only do that from the backend. I’ll keep looking, but I can delete any posts you want by request for now.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Hey Ken,

Editing was set to be disabled after 5 minutes. I’ve since increased this to 999999999 minutes since indefinite editing wasn’t an option.

[quote quote=1316]This forum is not so good.

It seems you can edit once, then the post is locked.
    Above, I tried to show a data table. The formatting looked good in the draft, but was bad in the forum.
    I tried to make a BBCode table, the mess above is what is now locked in for your viewing pleasure…

[/quote]

Ken Darcovich
    Ken Darcovich
    Participant

More crap.

Tried for a while, could not get the bbcode table to show up properly.

So instead, I realized I could upload attachments. Uploaded a file with an error, uploaded the correction,
    thinking it would overwrite or replace, but nope, there are now two attachments. I can’t delete an
    attachment.

Further, I mistakenly put those attachments on the wrong post, can’t delete attachment, can’t delete post.

This is an example of “software” that thinks it knows what you want…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.