-6.5 C
Ottawa, Ontario
Monday, November 18, 2019

Reply To: Pelican?

Home Forums Disc Golf Disc Golf General Discussion Pelican? Reply To: Pelican?

adminadmin
Keymaster

Thanks for the write-up, Captain Colin! I’d just like to add some more colour.

It was a great day at the Ettyville, and the weather held off nicely for us.

The course was in immaculate shape. John and helpers put a ton of work into it for the OO and the Pelican and it showed greatly.

We had a rock-solid Ottawa team that came out to multiple practices, and everyone contributed to team strategy and pairings.

After the first 27 holes of team play, we had MTL on the ropes with a 2-point lead going into the matchplay singles. But those magnificent bastards fought hard and battled back. After two cards finished the singles play, we were up 10 – 6, and Montreal won the remaining 4 matches to tied it up 10 – 10.

Since there were no tied singles matches we had to nominate one player to go slog it out with MTL’s chosen champion. I’d like to say we chose a champion, but it wasn’t so much a choice as Colin was still foaming at the mouth from his closely contested singles match. He volunteered as tribute and had an incredible, 6-hole sudden death battle with Julien from MTL. And not that it needs to be built up more, but Colin made one of the nicest disc golf shots I’ve ever seen when he drove into Sheila’s garden on the first hole of the playoff, parking himself 15-feet from the basket from an impossible lie.

In the end, someone had to win and Julien was able to stay clean to take the W. It was a glorious day of disc got, not soon to be forgotten.

The fire is generously stoked for next year.

And to cap it off, Julien and Colin were both selected as Pelican captains for their respective teams.

So stay tuned for the Pelican Cup 2020 where Colin and Juju will do battle once again!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.