Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS Question Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: TOSS Question Reply with quote

Couple of questions.

How is the TDing running this year? Same as last with volunteers stepping in where they can or one person running it?

What is happening with the pay structure? At the AGM it was discussed that there would be o more payouts and a credit system would be created. Is that still the plan and how would that work?
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet if there'd been less fighting at the AGM there would have been time to go over this in more detail.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
I bet if there'd been less fighting at the AGM there would have been time to go over this in more detail.


You say fighting, I say spirited debate. That is what an AGM is for. There is no reason for it not to be written up and posted for everyone to read and understand
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolly
King of Commentary


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9817
Location: South East Division

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a credit system....interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
surge
Champion of Chains


Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Posts: 2962
Location: With my discs!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
I bet if there'd been less fighting at the AGM there would have been time to go over this in more detail.


There was fighting at the AGM?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Schnobble Gobbler
Mudslide Champion


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 2527
Location: America F%$ Yah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding Ding Ding, Fight!

Last edited by Schnobble Gobbler on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnobble Gobbler wrote:
Ding Ding Ding, Fight!


all because of you Gobbler
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schnobble Gobbler
Mudslide Champion


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 2527
Location: America F%$ Yah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me?!!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnobble Gobbler wrote:
me?!!?


You were the EO. key word.....were
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer one of Thumber's initial questions completely, and the second partially.

1. TDing is intended to be done by guest TD's again this year. See http://odgc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9876 for sign-up.

2. The payout structure has moved to a credit system, as put together by Paul Bourgeois. I'll let him answer in detail, but afaik, there is no cash payout on TOSS nights any more.

3. Ace Pots will make their return (arrival?) to TOSS in 2012. Much as the pot at the Mudslide worked, the ace-pot will be a 50-50 with the Capital Classic (2012 until June 19th, 2013 after), but progressively increasing if not won. The Ace Pot payout will be capped at $100, with any overages forming the "next" ace pot. $2.00 cash buyin to ace-pots. smile
_________________
Go Sens!


Last edited by lissyssil on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
I can answer one of Thumber's initial questions completely, and the second partially.

1. TDing is intended to be done by guest TD's again this year. See http://odgc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9876 for sign-up.

2. The payout structure has moved to a credit system, as put together by Paul Bourgeois. I'll let him answer in detail, but afaik, there is no cash payout on TOSS nights any more.

3. Ace Pots will make their return (arrival?) to TOSS in 2012. Much as the pot at the Mudslide worked, the ace-pot will be a 50-50 with the Capital Classic (2012 until June 19th, 2013 after), but if not won at the TOSS event, 100% of that night's pot will go to the CC. $2.00 cash buyin to ace-pots. smile


Thx for the info
_________________
meh


Last edited by Thumber on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8366
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as TOSS starts next week at the Shire I figure I would give a recent update to the course conditions that arose this past Wed.

Twirly's front lawn (and some of the back) has been devastated by grubs and he is currently seeding it and has declared hole 7 (the one across the lawn) off limits until it can recover.

A few temp holes have been discussed but I think there should be a plan in place before TOSS night comes so I urge the TOSS TD to get in contact with Twirly asap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3697
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Seeing as TOSS starts next week at the Shire I figure I would give a recent update to the course conditions that arose this past Wed.

Twirly's front lawn (and some of the back) has been devastated by grubs and he is currently seeding it and has declared hole 7 (the one across the lawn) off limits until it can recover.

A few temp holes have been discussed but I think there should be a plan in place before TOSS night comes so I urge the TOSS TD to get in contact with Twirly asap.


I caught some the garden guys on CFRA this weekend. Grubs are going to be really bad this year BUT nothing we can do until the fall. Re-seed then. I think that's what the guys were saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Seeing as TOSS starts next week at the Shire I figure I would give a recent update to the course conditions that arose this past Wed.

Twirly's front lawn (and some of the back) has been devastated by grubs and he is currently seeding it and has declared hole 7 (the one across the lawn) off limits until it can recover.

A few temp holes have been discussed but I think there should be a plan in place before TOSS night comes so I urge the TOSS TD to get in contact with Twirly asap.


I'll talk to Twirly about it on Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up Andros.
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8366
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this get resolved?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left before it was set up, but Twirly and I discussed using Big Man 16, potentially. I plan on confirming it with him this weekend.
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to get info on how this credit system works for TOSS? Would be nice to know before the season starts
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 4460
Location: Somewhere where my mind is not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Are we going to get info on how this credit system works for TOSS? Would be nice to know before the season starts

Ah, yes.
We can keep track of this; that's the easy part.
Communicating this to individual TDs for ODGC events, that's what we have to test.

Give us a week or two to get it right. We might have something for the Goat.

It's my wish that you can simply convert your winnings to tournament entry fees and ODGC merch at ODGC events, including at TOSS.

I wish I had the time to do all the testing ahead of the season, but I simply don't have that ability. Regrets. Blame me, not the ODGC.
_________________
Privacy is a means to democracy, not an end in itself. - unknown
Sabotage the system. Provoke more questions! - unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burjwahzeh wrote:
Thumber wrote:
Are we going to get info on how this credit system works for TOSS? Would be nice to know before the season starts

Ah, yes.
We can keep track of this; that's the easy part.
Communicating this to individual TDs for ODGC events, that's what we have to test.

Give us a week or two to get it right. We might have something for the Goat.

It's my wish that you can simply convert your winnings to tournament entry fees and ODGC merch at ODGC events, including at TOSS.

I wish I had the time to do all the testing ahead of the season, but I simply don't have that ability. Regrets. Blame me, not the ODGC.


Thanks for the info. So tomorrow night are we playing for credit or monetary recompenses
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul Bourgeois
ODGC Tuesday Night Coordinator


Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 1687
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Thanks for the info. So tomorrow night are we playing for credit or monetary recompenses

Tomorrow night you are playing competitive disc golf. Winners will be recognized, but there will not be a cash payout. As of next Tuesday, we should have a first iteration of how weekly awards are handled. By the time the Goat rolls along, we should have a good handle on this stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts