Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Ettyville Super Spin - Thursday Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Ettyville Super Spin - Thursday Reply with quote

Ettyville Super Spin Disc Golf course will be open for play Thursday nights.

I'm planning to offer Thursdays as a regular evening/informal league for the season. I'm trying to increase/create a more localized player base and provide a steady offering to members whose schedule and geography supports attending. I'm hoping to play doubles format's to help newbie’s and big arms enjoy aggressive play at Ettyville.

The back nine of Ettyville has lights now and I have disc lights available for sale at my cost.

Green Fee's are $5 but stay tuned for a “pass” that I'm trying to put together. I will credit all green fee's paid towards the pass.

For April 26 – Course is a bit wet from the rain and no OB or bugs. I recommend playing just the back nine tonight.

Last edited by John Pytel on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:19 am; edited 7 times in total
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ettyville Super Spin - Thursday Reply with quote

What time are you looking to start playing on Thursday's? If the course is being lit I'm assuming we will be playing some glowie as well?
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ettyville Super Spin - Thursday Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
What time are you looking to start playing on Thursday's? If the course is being lit I'm assuming we will be playing some glowie as well?

Hi Ken,

I'm pretty sure this won't be a big crowd and nothing formal has yet to develop on Thursdays. This early in the year, daylight wise, and the travel time to Ettyville will see us playing some glowie if we want to get some "time" in.

Let me know if and when you might get there and I'll make every accommodation possible. If it's just you and me we won't be playing doubles and will wait for you. smile

Once it dries up a bit more I will be inviting out newbies that have expressed interest. I just can't let 25 degree weather go unplayed in March. Expect wet feet in some places. We play a bit of woods and there'll be either snow or standing water in there. Goretex socks are the way to go. You may not have had that need in TO or down south.
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ettyville Super Spin - Thursday Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:

Hi Ken,

I'm pretty sure this won't be a big crowd and nothing formal has yet to develop on Thursdays. This early in the year, daylight wise, and the travel time to Ettyville will see us playing some glowie if we want to get some "time" in.

Let me know if and when you might get there and I'll make every accommodation possible. If it's just you and me we won't be playing doubles and will wait for you. smile

Once it dries up a bit more I will be inviting out newbies that have expressed interest. I just can't let 25 degree weather go unplayed in March. Expect wet feet in some places. We play a bit of woods and there'll be either snow or standing water in there. Goretex socks are the way to go. You may not have had that need in TO or down south.

Sounds great John. Kelly and just about everyone in TO raves about Ettyville being one of their favorite OD stops. Definitely looking forward to seeing the course.

I'll tentatively plan on trying to leave work around 4. That should put me in your neck of the woods at 5. I work a little SE of Ottawa so the commute should be pretty quick, just no direct highways unfortunately.

I'll try to track down some Goretex socks or Seal Skins in Ottawa tonight. Also any recommendations on places to find glowie supplies in Ottawa? All of my lights are in TO. I'll also be trying to make it to the Shire tomorrow if anyone has any lights they'd want to sell.

Ken
416 728-0213
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ettyville Super Spin - Thursday Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:

Hi Ken,

Sounds great John. Kelly and just about everyone in TO raves about Ettyville being one of their favorite OD stops. Definitely looking forward to seeing the course.

I'll tentatively plan on trying to leave work around 4. That should put me in your neck of the woods at 5. I work a little SE of Ottawa so the commute should be pretty quick, just no direct highways unfortunately.

I'll try to track down some Goretex socks or Seal Skins in Ottawa tonight. Also any recommendations on places to find glowie supplies in Ottawa? All of my lights are in TO. I'll also be trying to make it to the Shire tomorrow if anyone has any lights they'd want to sell.

Ken
416 728-0213

We pour it on pretty thick for the OD stop. Ettyville is not in full bloom just yet.

If you pm me your address I can probably give you the best way here or send you a map. You probably roll with a GPS though.

The Shire should be able to hook you up for glowie and if you are planning on playing both nights I might get you to mule over my lights if they make it to the Shire. I've got a bunch of glowie lights in the city I'm trying to get my hands on.

I was out doing some Motocross track grooming tonight and what I'm going to do is set up close to 9 holes on pretty much high and dry ground.
Gore-tex can probably be avoided. It'll be high and dry, wide open, grip it and rip it play. Big arms may want to show up for a stretch. I've also got some refreshments around as well.

Last edited by John Pytel on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like there is no Shire night tomorrow. I will be up in Kanata tomorrow night though if you need me to pick up anything in town or at Twirley's (if he's free.) Just use my cell number to get in touch with me if you need anything picked up.

-Ken
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
Sounds like there is no Shire night tomorrow. I will be up in Kanata tomorrow night though if you need me to pick up anything in town or at Twirley's (if he's free.) Just use my cell number to get in touch with me if you need anything picked up.

-Ken

Pretty sure Shire is on. (Turdly is just being a jerk about his pool. UNLESS I AM MISSING SOMETHING)

I'm thinking I will make the trek out to Ettyville as well.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:

-Ken

Pretty sure Shire is on. (Turdly is just being a jerk about his pool. UNLESS I AM MISSING SOMETHING)

I'm thinking I will make the trek out to Ettyville as well.

Cool. Maybe we'll break out a caddy too. Less beer to carry in my bag. smile

I'm pretty sure the Shire is a go. We don't need another RIOT.
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite twirly's cryptic pool message I believe the Shire is open and that he is being quite direct that the pool isn't ready yet

There are lights for sale at the shire
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is twirly's pool at pytels now?
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Despite twirly's cryptic pool message I believe the Shire is open and that he is being quite direct that the pool isn't ready yet

Gotcha. Well I'll still plan on trying to get out the Shire if work allows. Probably will show up late if nothing else. So if I need to pick any lights up John just let me know.

-Ken
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
Thumber wrote:

Gotcha. Well I'll still plan on trying to get out the Shire if work allows. Probably will show up late if nothing else. So if I need to pick any lights up John just let me know.

-Ken

Thanks Ken. Technically Holly is my supplier. Not sure who the mule is just yet as Holly might make it out. If you see Holly at the Shire tonight it'd be great if the topic came up.

Cheers.
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
Thumber wrote:

-Ken

Thanks Ken. Technically Holly is my supplier. Not sure who the mule is just yet as Holly might make it out. If you see Holly at the Shire tonight it'd be great if the topic came up.

Cheers.

Holly gave me some of those LED lights to sell if thats what you guys are referring to.

I'll have a bunch with me tonight at the shire for sale.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
Thumber wrote:

-Ken

Cheers.

Holly gave me some of those LED lights to sell if thats what you guys are referring to.

I'll have a bunch with me tonight at the shire for sale.

I placed an order for myself when the club bought their's Andros. I plan on having lights around Ettyville for sale/use for all the newbies this year.

Long story short is I'm trying to get my hands on those lights and pay for them for Thursday.
andros

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah understood.

These LEDs rule for glowie so having some available for purchase at Ettyville is awesome.

Do you have lights for the baskets too?
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Ah understood.

These LEDs rule for glowie so having some available for purchase at Ettyville is awesome.

Do you have lights for the baskets too?

I don't yet. Plan is to go buy some "moon rays" tonight for the short term or mark pads eventually.

You got some advice on the baskets? Turtle lights or something?
andros

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:

I don't yet. Plan is to go buy some "moon rays" tonight for the short term or mark pads eventually.

We've used the turtle lights at the shire and they work great for lighting up baskets but the problem is turning them off when finished.

Easy at the shire as you can run around the property in 5 min and pick up all 9 but would be an issue at Ettyville if you left them on as they'd eventually run out.

I'd say a solar light would work best in your situation but I'm sure there are other options.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
John Pytel wrote:

We've used the turtle lights at the shire and they work great for lighting up baskets but the problem is turning them off when finished.

Easy at the shire as you can run around the property in 5 min and pick up all 9 but would be an issue at Ettyville if you left them on as they'd eventually run out.

I'd say a solar light would work best in your situation but I'm sure there are other options.

Thanks and good points.
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solar rules! big grin
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it is up to the individual setting up a temporary course to ensure they have the permission of the land owner

Set up a Martini 9 last night. Dry and served with many flavours.

I put out "moon rays" for all the baskets and at least one at each pad.

I think it didn't get dark until about 8 o'clock.

Road conditions: Roads are good except Johnson these days. Coincidentally the township graded the roads yesterday and now the paved route has a 1/4 mile of really bad roads and the more gravel route is probably better. Take your pick. Just don't use Johnston. Either Bouleau or Robillard onto Ettyville. Hope to see some out. I'll be making a take out order as some point as it's just me and the boys tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: