Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Match Play League -> If the playofs were today... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
If I don't play my april match, but get the rest of my matches in then what is the end result?

Just trying to understand

If the are ALL played in the month they are supposed to be played, (or have a reasonable excuse) then you would have 5 Games played.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
If I don't play my april match, but get the rest of my matches in then what is the end result?

You get your points for the other matches, as long as they were done on time. It's the "late" matches that won't count. Your missed April match is not an issue really, unless you played your July match in August, then because you haven't play all 6, the July match doesn't count.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Thumber wrote:
So if I were to miss my April Match without a "good" excuse, but got all my other matches played I would be scored zero for the season? Is that right?

Yup. Thankfully, I didn't have to play Gobbles until August (though I started the push in May).

This is wrong.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Thumber wrote:

If the are ALL played in the month they are supposed to be played, (or have a reasonable excuse) then you would have 5 Games played.

Where a match is not completed prior to the end of the designated month it can be played late, and will be entered into the standings when the player has completed their entire 6 game schedule.

and this is how to get the missed matches to count...
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:

Not missed matches, "late" matches.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be specific, unofficially, (Official done at home infront of comp) you have 5 games in shane. Playing the 6th game will
a) allow the missed game tou count
b) complete your schedule

That being said, dont avoid the match as there are harch penalties.
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Thumber wrote:

Where a match is not completed prior to the end of the designated month it can be played late, and will be entered into the standings when the player has completed their entire 6 game schedule.

I think I get it now
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flow chart next year for this rule.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there will always be a sched, to many reasons to give why we need one.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
To be specific, unofficially, (Official done at home infront of comp) you have 5 games in shane. Playing the 6th game will

It's not a "missed" game. It's a "played late" game. Missed matches/games will always earn you a zero.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Rolly wrote:

It's not a "missed" game. It's a "played late" game. Missed matches/games will always earn you a zero.

...unless the missed match is one of the good reasons to miss the match, then it's not a late match...
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your confused with where your at in the schedule PM and ask me, Ill explain what order is best to get your games played above 4 and how best to finish the schedule so you can get the most to count.
clausr
MOD Champion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly,

I hope you understand that I have a strong objection to the way you've structured your rules. What I and most others thought was to qualify for the playoffs you must play a minimum of 4 matches. This is based on the rules where it states:

Quote=>
Playoffs:
Eligibility:
To qualify for the playoffs each player must play 4/6 matches in their schedule.
On or near September 1, a single elimination playoff tournament will be used to establish the top eight finishing positions.
The top 14 of the 16 players players will make the playoffs. The playoffs will be a standard 16 team single elimination format. Sees one and 2 get a first round bye. The following rounds WILL NOT BE RE-SEEDED.
1v16
8v9
5v12
4v13
6v11
3v14
7v10
2v15
<End> End quote

I would think that after playing 5 matches I would be eligable. However you seem to be saying that its not 4 matches played, its 4 match played and counted by Rolly. I say your own rules don't back you up on this one.

I believe the rules do state that points for late matchs do not count.But thats different. See the rules:
Quote =>
If a player misses a game due to dog dying, almost cut finger off, wife gives birth, kid is sick, etc that's cool. Make it up when you can. If a player misses a match due to laziness or something along those lines, they have to play the game late, finish the schedule, then the points will count.
=> end quote

Just so you know, I'm trying to get my last match in with Twirly, not sure if its gona happen or not. But forget about me, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this crappy boat.

Last edited by clausr on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Unofficial, done by hand:

Seeds 11 and below still are below 4 games played
So would that mean that seeds 6 and above get byes in the first round of playoffs?
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clausr wrote:
Just so you know, I'm trying to get my last match in with Twirly, not sure if its gona happen or not. But forget about me, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this crappy boat.

Claus, what you're missing is the following statement, as it appears in the rules on the OMPL website:

Quote:
(emphasis mine)
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claus I explained this rule to you in person on the 13th of August at about 12:15 pm walking hole 2 on Kanata. You left it as "I will play twirly and that will be no prob to get all 6 to count". Then on Monday your clueless as to why you have less games counting then you do? What did I explain to you on the previous Saturday?

>>>>Quote
I hope you understand that I have a strong objection to the way you've structured your rules. What I and most others thought was to qualify for the playoffs you must play a minimum of 4 matches. This is based on the rules where it states:

Quote=>
Playoffs:
Eligibility:
To qualify for the playoffs each player must play 4/6 matches in their schedule.
>>>>>Quote

All matches must be completed prior to the last day of the schedule.
All players shall play a minimum of six (6) matches.
Matches shall be designated to be played according to a specific month during the schedule.
Players must make every effort to play their designated matches before the end of the assigned month.

What this says is that a match is entered into the standings (entered as in all of the required attributes of the match W,T,L, HF,HA, GP, PTS) when it has been
a)Played on time
b)played ahead of time
c)played late but counted because a player has competed their schedule.

What it does not say is that if you play the match late, the GP (Games played) portion will count, but the W,L,T, HF,HA, and Pts will not count.

>>>Quote
However you seem to be saying that its not 4 matches played, its 4 match played and counted by Rolly.
>>>>Quote
No what the rules say, and what I had said on Saturday to you is that for a match to be entered into the standings, it has to be:
a)Played on time
b)played ahead of time
And piss off with the its not 4 Games played but 4 Games played and counted by Rolly crap. Its 4 games that are”
a)Played on time
b)played ahead of time

>>>Quote
I believe the rules do state that points for late matchs do not count.But thats different. See the rules:
Quote =>
If a player misses a game due to dog dying, almost cut finger off, wife gives birth, kid is sick, etc that's cool. Make it up when you can. If a player misses a match due to laziness or something along those lines, they have to play the game late, finish the schedule, then the points will count.
=> end quote
>>>>Quote

LOL, yes Claus it does say points for late matches will count for the reason as that is what we are trying to accumulate throughout the season. Points in this case means “the match”. Ill change it to W,L,T,GP,HF,HA and pts to eliminate future confusion.

It does not say anywhere that W,L,T,GP,HF,HA, are added to your standings when matches are played late and then when the schedule is completed that points will finally be entered.

How does one get credited for a Game Played on a match that is in default where the W/L/T/ Holes for and Holes against don’t count on the players standings? Especially since Games played is the 1st tie breaker?
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Unofficial, done by hand:

Seeds 11 and below still are below 4 games played
So would that mean that seeds 6 and above get byes in the first round of playoffs?

People with 3 games or less played in the GP category get shuffled down to spots 16--->11 (todays example) and are automatic 1st round loosers. So the better seeds will get the byes if any come up.

If next week there are 1 or 2 persons with less then 3 GP, then they take spots 16, then 15, so 1 and 2 get byes. Last year they did not get bumped but ended up being 1st round loosers.

Last edited by Rolly on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eligibility:
>>>>>Quote

This part is a touch confusing
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Quote:
Eligibility:
>>>>>Quote

This part is a touch confusing

it does sound off and ill change the wording to Games Played, but it says elsewhere that games dont count if played late unless blah blah blah…..its been discussed also, and when people have done it I have told them its late wont count. Yes you have “played” the match physically, but the OMPL does not consider it a played game unless played out in the criteria stated before.

It means that since you can go back and play games to make them up that all matches must be played prior to the declared end. This is written so no jack ass says, “It does not say I have to play the games prior to the end of the schedule in the rules” It also means that I will set a date, and that’s the end of the regular season because it has to end at some point.

All players shall play a minimum of six (6) matches. [/quote]

The use of Shall in this case is a promise not a command. Its in this case used as a promise for the bang for the buck from the league to the player instead of a command that one must play 6 games one gets a minimum of 6 games.
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I think what bothers people is playing a match after it was scheduled and maybe not having it count if they don't get all 6 matches in. Its in the rules and everyone knew it at the start of the season. Whether people actually read all the rules (I did not) is their fault, not the leagues. Something to think about for next year maybe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Match Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: