|Jefrey A. Brother
Plaid Jacket Champion
Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Location: First tee
|Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm Post subject: August 9th - TOSS at Ettyville
|For kicks and giggles, and to show support to our members at Worlds, we should instill the PDGA NT Dress Code.
|3.4 Dress Code
A. All violations of the Dress Code Policy shall be considered a Courtesy Violation under Section 801.01 of the PDGA Official Rules of Play.
B. All competitors and staff are required to wear a shirt.
C. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes or other foot coverings. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.
D. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA Elite Series/National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:
(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.
(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.
Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.
(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.
(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player’s shorts shall be tucked in.
(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut “vents” at the shirt collar.
(6) No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or tobacco.
(7) This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds.
( Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour’s dress code.