Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> The Bay of PIGs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: The Bay of PIGs Reply with quote

Ben-e and a Geoff DG Productions offer;

The Bay of PIGs

Chuck Shick wrote:
Poach. Improvise. Guerilla.

Disc golf is everywhere. Down the street, beside the highway, in plain sight and hiding in the forest. This game began with the words: I bet you I can hit that with this frisbee. It's still the most played style of the game. The best part is that most who throw at trees think they're the only ones playing - that they invented it.

At the root of DG is the rush of discovery. Making up new holes. Laying out the impossible shot and finding a way to make it possible. Basket courses can't sustain that sense of discovery. And that's okay. There's more than one way to fly a disc.

Beyond our courses lie countless opportunities to poach, improvise, and guerilla. Dropping inconspicuous targets into underutilized areas, designing and playing holes through parks, along roads and on public grounds, and installing courses for a single day in a public space.

Disc golf is everywhere; it's time to play there.

What’s been said about one of the greatest PIG courses; the LNF layout:

"That course was great; I hate you."

“Super course design”

“Lolies: I've been turned onto a great course in Ottawa. I spent the time while I walked around to pick out objects to play to when I go out there on my own time. I could tell alot of thought went into the planning of this course.”

“I love the [LNF] Temp course. What a great course, a huge variety of holes, longs, shorts, water, uphills, downhills, dog lefts ,dog rights.”

“Tough course is steadily improving my game…”

Once in a lifetime…play LNF style in the middle of the summer.

From the course designers that brought you LNF and the last 5 years of The Plaid RE/MAX Super 9, Ben-e and a Geoff DG Productions are proud to offer the LNF layout as an option for your competitive disc golf rounds for 2011.

Ben Svetkoff and Geoff Penton will provide you and your card a seamless round of disc golf at one of the most challenging courses in the region. Tee boxes will be marked. Distances and scorecards provided. Uniform PDGA Championship Certified targets throughout the course. All OB and LNF rules in play. October golf with July weather.

Price
Singles - $30/card
Twosomes - $40/card
Threesomes - $50/card
Foursomes - $65/card
Fivesomes - $100/card

The Fine Print

Players will be held to the PDGA Rules of Play. All LNF rules will be in play.

Science shots/mulligans/Euro throws/Tuesday night rules will not be allowed.

Scores will be recorded. Scorecards must be handed in at the end of the round.

Inclement weather cancellations are allowed. Inclement weather rounds are encouraged.

To compete in the season long Bay of PIGs Best Round Competition, an additional $6/player will be required. Of the $6, $5 will be added to the pot and the player with the best single round of the 2011 season will win 50% of the pot, with the player with the best adjusted single round of the 2011 will win the other 50%. A player’s ODGC handicap on the day of will be used.

You must be an ODSA Member (you become one automatically when you join the ODGC – you just have to fill out the on-line form).

This is NOT an ODGC event. All proceeds go to Ben-e and a Geoff DG Productions ($1 from every Bay of PIGs Best Round Competition player will be given to the ODGC for the use of their HC system).

Last edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I know I always have trouble schedule wise making LNF but I want to play that course!!!

If something works in the summer I'd be interested in putting a card together.

I love the adjusted score component. Great call!!!

Last edited by John Pytel on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
axelfudge
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this idea... what's the availability on for it? Weekdays, weekends? How much notice are you guys looking for?

Will definitely do this at least once before LNF!
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axelfudge wrote:
Love this idea... what's the availability on for it? Weekdays, weekends? How much notice are you guys looking for?

Will definitely do this at least once before LNF!

As long as we are available, it's a go. We can do weekends, evenings, some weekdays. We have some skilled employees that can step in if something arises for one of the primary two.

Get in touch with us, and we'll make it work for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: