Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Jump Putts? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why'd you put a smilely on 8 sly wink

Last edited by Roxie on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxie wrote:
We'd you put a smilely on 8 sly wink

Ironic isn't it?
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Don made two jump putts on Saturday. One was perfectly legal. And I think it was even more successful than his not so legal one.

I didn't have any problem at all with the call. The watcher has better perspective than I would have had, so call 'em as you see 'em, as putting mistakes happen. I just wish more people would watch other player's feet, as I'm tired of being the only one watching, and then not being able to call anything at all due to the lack of being 'seconded'.

I can usually get the throw off before I leave the ground, but sometimes I don't, and it's fine when it gets called on me or anyone else.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Lane wrote:
Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Don made two jump putts on Saturday. One was perfectly legal. And I think it was even more successful than his not so legal one.

I didn't have any problem at all with the call. The watcher has better perspective than I would have had, so call 'em as you see 'em, as putting mistakes happen. I just wish more people would watch other player's feet, as I'm tired of being the only one watching, and then not being able to call anything at all due to the lack of being 'seconded'.

I can usually get the throw off before I leave the ground, but sometimes I don't, and it's fine when it gets called on me or anyone else.

I used to jump putt. I used to defend the jump putt. I videoed myself jump putting (to fix my mistakes) and realized I was releasing the disc in the air. I stopped the jump putt. My 30+ foot putts have suffered ever since. Don took it gracefully. Later in the round, I did not.
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got called on a foot fault. I slipped past the end of the box....no problem. I parked the re-throw. Gotta be careful when you choose to call a foot fault in doubles
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
This is what you did...

laughing laughing sarcastic eye roll

LOL, this is not even a remotely accurate description of what I or Don had done.
On 2 calls you had a total of 8 witnesses who could have backed you and none did.
You were not the only witness to Dons shot, I remember sitting and watching Dons shot (wondering if he will ever throw it Razz ), and watched him do the entire process. Don did not even come close to a jump putt from what I could see.

I cant comment on watching my shot, but I wonder how one could see my feet 7inches below the surface of the snow. If I were in violation, it would have been by less than an inch, which leaves 6.5 inches of snow to see through.

My putt was about 40-50 ft away on flat ground, If I had to putt 120 ft flat footed that’s what it might look like(Twirly above). At 40-50 feet, it comes off the balls of my feet and my toes. If its looking Im going to have to jump putt with the aggression like what is above to make the distance, I would not, and switch to flatfooted back hand.

And for you to say that this is what happens when you call people on the rules is ridiculous. This is what happens when you make shite calls, people call you out on it.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Is there any new rule changes that effect jump puts? Some lame calls out there last weekend had me wondering...

no changes...jump putting is still illegal

Thumber wrote:
putt jumps are still allowed though

In the end thanks for clarifying that nothing has changed, Thumber,
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Nothing has changed. laughing

Will Ferrell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: