Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> 2011 AM Worlds in Rochester, NY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: 2011 AM Worlds in Rochester, NY Reply with quote

I just noticed GeneBeaumont has become our newest Registered User.

He's the Ass't TD/Sales and Marketing for the 2011 AM Worlds in Rochester, NY.

"The Greater Rochester Disc Golf Club (GRDGC) and the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) are pleased to present the 2011 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships to be contested on seven of Rochester’s area disc golf courses from July 24-30, 2011"

The Greater Rochester Disc Golf Club
2011 AM Worlds in Rochester, NY.

With an AM Worlds only a 6 hour drive away, this might be a great chance for the AMs out there who might want to compare their game to some of the best in the sport.

I've played 3 of the courses:

1. Basil A. Marella
2. Ellison Park
3. Widener Park (Chili)

4. Churchville Park
5. Town of Parma DGC
6. Genesee Valley Park

Basil was my first wooded course I played in competition. Beat the crap out of me.

Ellison is JCP built on probably the best toboggan hill in Rochester (the home of the greatest Epic throw ever, just ask Don).

Chili is in my top 10 disc golf courses. It's not super challenging, it's just a lot of fun to play. And it'll blow your mind when you think the club was handed an empty field and this is what they made. Plus they have a Coke machine on site.

If you don't make the finals, you will be back in time to show off your stuff at OD Ettyville. I promise you'll play some of your greatest golf AFTER playing Worlds. big grin

Last edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
st-ACE
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if peeps from Ottawa are going, I'd like to go too.
I was supposed to compete a few years ago but broke my right hand, would love to the opportunity to road trip with the OTown Cru
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st-ACE wrote:
if peeps from Ottawa are going, I'd like to go too.
I was supposed to compete a few years ago but broke my right hand, would love to the opportunity to road trip with the OTown Cru

I'd be down Stace, we could be the gimpy crew. wink
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since this happening after The CC, "Ottawa Open" players, that are AM according to the PDGA, could still play Open at the CC and play AM Worlds.

Quote:
2.3 Reclassification

A. Professional to Amateur

(1) Players registered with the PDGA as Professionals may petition the Tour Manager for reclassification back to Amateur.

B. Amateur to Professional

(1) An Amateur wishing to change their classification to Professional may do so by contacting the PDGA office and requesting a Pro card.

(2) An Am player is automatically re-classified as Pro when the player has accepted cash while competing in a Pro division. Accepting prizes in lieu of cash or accepting money for winning an ancillary contest such as an ace pool does not cause a player to relinquish his or her amateur status.

Quote:
2.5 Trophy Only

A. At the option of the TD, Amateur players are allowed to play in Pro divisions for which they are eligible according to age and gender at a reduced entry fee.

B. At the option of the TD, Pro or Am players may compete for trophies only in any Amateur division offered by an event that their player rating, age and gender qualifies them for, by paying a reduced entry fee.

C. Players competing under “Trophy Only” are not allowed to accept cash or prizes based upon finish but are allowed to accept trophies.

D. Players paying full price should have priority over players paying the reduced rate. If an event or division is full, a TD may require trophy only players to pay the full price in order to maintain their position in the tournament.

Last edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf in the Roc rules!

I played Chili in a tournament last year: beautifully mown fairways and greens surrounded by 6-10 inch grass that was all ob. They've also finished their paved parking lot and pavillion.

Ellison is also awesome.

Will Ferrell
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the OD boys have this on their radar for the planning of the Ettyville event. I can see a lot of Tour regulars wanting to make it to Rochester. I know I would.
deuce
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
Hopefully the OD boys have this on their radar for the planning of the Ettyville event. I can see a lot of Tour regulars wanting to make it to Rochester. I know I would.

I'm planning on making it to Rochester, which unfortunately means I will likely miss the Ettyville stop.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuce wrote:
John Pytel wrote:

I'm planning on making it to Rochester, which unfortunately means I will likely miss the Ettyville stop.

Nothings official as in I haven't had any dates run past me but it's around the time we have the event. Even moving it a week or 2 either way will probably see the worlds people not attend more than likely because of overload.

I'll wait to see what the OD boys think. Rochester may be worlds but Ettyville will be "worlds of fun". Cool
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From DGO:

Hyzer Soze wrote:
Does this mean Ellison will finally get an upgrade on their teepads?

walker wrote:
Yes! The county unfortunately voted against concrete tee pads, but they are allowing a viable alternative. The Ellison craters will be filled in and leveled, then wood frames are going in, filled with stone, and topped with a flypad.

The Churchville and Genesee Valley Park (temp course) will also get flypads. They're also part of the Monroe County parks system.

andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Nice avatar Pytel! thumbsup
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:

Totally. I actually reversed back up the page when I whipped by it. I need a new one.

BTW: There will be a beautiful VHS Tape of the 1999 Pro Worlds, held in Rochester, available at the Ice Bowl Auction! Get a heads up!
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:

Totally. I actually reversed back up the page when I whipped by it. I need a new one.

BTW: There will be a beautiful VHS Tape of the 1999 Pro Worlds, held in Rochester, available at the Ice Bowl Auction! Get a heads up!
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
andros wrote:

Nice, and i admit I still have a VHS player.

I know what I'm bidding on.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
andros wrote:

Thanks Guys. It was time for Bad Santa to go.

Can't take credit for it though. KevCo, Coco, Coco LaRoch, Grignon did all the art work for the past Express's.

We'll see what the future holds.... Just like Ghostbusters 3, EE3 is getting a lot of hype. Script is written. Just needs the original cast members to sign on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: