Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ice League - 2010/2011 - POLL & DISCUSSION Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should we do with the SYN card?
Banish it
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Make a new card that will replace the SYN card
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Keep the SYN card
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say keep the Syn Card...Feed the Poor..Let them know its Christmas Time.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And every time a Syn card is played Jesus smiles.
Mike McCormick
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One option could be keep the SYN card but create a "Don't f*ck with me" card that a person can buy and give to the other team BEFORE the round. This person cannot by SYNed. This person also cannot use Mulligans (cannot have the good without the bad).

FYI, Don said about $500 of the $2400 raised last year came from SYN and Mulligan cards (Don correct me if I misunderstood). That is 20%. Change is good if it will increase $$ for charity. By selling the "Don't f*ck with me" card, we satisfy those players that do not like the SYN card and collect $$ for charity in the process plus we keep the SYN cards for those who like it.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike McCormick wrote:
One option could be keep the SYN card but create a "Don't f*ck with me" card that a person can buy and give to the other team BEFORE the round. This person cannot by SYNed. This person also cannot use Mulligans (cannot have the good without the bad).

FYI, Don said about $500 of the $2400 raised last year came from SYN and Mulligan cards (Don correct me if I misunderstood). That is 20%. Change is good if it will increase $$ for charity. By selling the "Don't f*ck with me" card, we satisfy those players that do not like the SYN card and collect $$ for charity in the process plus we keep the SYN cards for those who like it.

Pay for a "clean" round. I like it. I read in last year's thread that someone said they'll just donate $$ to the charity the regular way. This would be "regular" with the fun still there.

I also thought of a $2 insurance you could buy as soon as someone SYNs you. Pay the $2, and if you miss you get a second attempt (a mullie if you will). If you hit on the first, you get a SYN card to be used that round in retaliation.
julz
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mike's idea.
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Mike McCormick wrote:

Pay for a "clean" round. I like it. I read in last year's thread that someone said they'll just donate $$ to the charity the regular way. This would be "regular" with the fun still there.

I also thought of a $2 insurance you could buy as soon as someone SYNs you. Pay the $2, and if you miss you get a second attempt (a mullie if you will). If you hit on the first, you get a SYN card to be used that round in retaliation.

Mike I understand that a big chunk of the money raised is from Mullys and
SYN cards as I have spoken with Don about this.
I believe adding an "immunity" card would drop the sales of SYN cards
because most people would buy into immunity to not get SYN'd.

I think for this season I am leaning toward keeping the SYN card.
These are all great ideas and I thank you all for posting them but I feel that in the end
it is all for fun and to raise money for charity so I will stick with what works.

OMR's statement;
Quote:
I don't like the SYN card for the simple reason that it instantly eliminates the endorphin rush of hitting that long putt...

perfectly describes what I think is wrong with the SYN card BUT we
experienced this rush all season long, should we not be able to have a little
fun for the (hopefully) 4 months of winter that lay ahead of us?

I mean surely there is something else out there OMR that can replicate this
"endorphin rush" that you so greatly desire. big grin
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
I mean surely there is something else out there OMR that can replicate this "endorphin rush" that you so greatly desire. big grin

Funny you should ask:
Wikipedia wrote:
Endorphins ("endogenous morphine") are endogenous opioid peptides that function as neurotransmitters. They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during exercise, excitement, pain, consumption of spicy food and org@sm, and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well-being.
Looks like some of those little blue pills should help out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: