Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ice League - Winter 2009/2010 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Kyle
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to Don for everything this year with Ice League and the Ice Bowl. Thanks to everybody I played with all winter long as well as everybody who made the playing very enjoyable and the weather bearable. Also, I would like to thank all the guys who come from Montreal and add the extra competition to an already difficult field. Congrats to all the winners! Thanks to everybody who gave Don a hand with anything this year, you all didn't go unnoticed. Can't wait for the nicer weather!!!
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to all our participants, volunteers, and sponsors who helped make Ottawa Ice Bowl IX a big success.

The weather treated us well, dusting us only with a small amount of snow, and some wind on the 2nd round, where a few holes had tougher teepad placements. Once the player pack hand warmers kicked in, all was well.

We had prizes or donations given to our event from The Ultimate Disc Golf Store, The Honest Lawyer, The Clock Tower Brew Pub, Nicola Hunt, Disc Golf World, and some great prizes donated by our participants and the TD.

Great thanks go out as well to Claus Reitlingshoefer for the course layout and setting up / taking down the course with Eric Vinet, who was also the player who brought in the most food for our charity, The Ottawa Food Bank. Rod Nicholls also brought in some sponsorship $, which was much appreciated.

We had some great event hosts while I was away all across the country this season when Ben Svetkoff hosted three of our Ice League events at different locations, while Eric Vinet introduced us to a new Ice League layout at his course in Gloucester.

This season we played at 10 different courses, using 13 unique layouts, which is a new record for any Ottawa disc golf league.

Please find below a link to the results of the tournament, and I hope to see many of you at my next tournament this August for the 8th Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge.

Ottawa Ice Bowl IX - results

Thanks again for all your support for taking your time to play our sport in a Canadian winter in support of our charity, The Ottawa Food Bank.

And special thanks go out as well to Andy Vallée, who will be taking over as the new TD of the Ice Bowl and our Ice League events.

Don Lane
Tournament Director,
Ottawa Ice Bowl IX

Last edited by Don Lane on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
deuce
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don for a well run tournament. Additional thanks to Claus, Eric and all those who pitched in to make this happen.

This was my first Ice Bowl and I had a blast (besides somewhat self destructing in the 2nd round). I'm already looking forward to the next event. Thanks again all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: