Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Rule of the Week 2 - 804.03 Scoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Rule of the Week 2 - 804.03 Scoring Reply with quote

A. The player listed first on the scorecard(s) bears primary responsibility for picking up the group's scorecard(s), although any player may deliver it (them) to the first player. Players in the group shall rotate the scorekeeping responsibility proportionally, unless a player or a scorekeeper volunteers to score keep more and this is acceptable to all members of the group.
B. After each hole is completed, the scorekeeper shall call out each player's name. The called
player shall answer with the score in a manner that is clear to all players of the group and
the scorekeeper.
The scorekeeper shall record that score and read it back, in a manner that is
clear to all players of the group. If there is any disagreement about the score a player
reports, the group must review the hole and attempt to arrive at the correct score. If the
group cannot reach consensus on the player's score, they shall consult 803.01 D

C. The scorekeeper shall record the score for each player on each hole as the total number of throws, including penalty throws. The round total shall also be recorded as the total number of throws, including penalty throws. The use of anything else (including the lack of a score) represents an incorrect hole or total score and is subject to penalty as described in 804.03.G(2).

D. Warnings and penalty throws given to a player for rules infractions shall be noted on the
scorecard.

E. At the end of the round, each player shall sign his or her scorecard indicating that he or
she attests to the accuracy of the score on each hole and the total score
. If all the players
of the group agree that a hole score was recorded in error, the score may be changed prior to
the scorecard being turned in. Players whose scorecards are turned in unsigned accept
responsibility for the scores reported

F. All players are responsible for returning their scorecards within 25 minutes after the
completion of a round. Failure to do so shall result in the assessment of two penalty throws,
without a warning, to each player listed on the late scorecard.

G. After the scorecard is turned in, the total score as recorded shall stand with no appeal, except for the following circumstances:
(1) Penalty throws may be assessed at whatever time the infraction is discovered until the director declares the tournament officially over or all awards have been distributed.
(2) If it is determined that the total score was incorrectly recorded, either by an error on a hole score or by an error in totaling the hole scores, including omission of the total score, the director
shall add two penalty throws to the correct total score
. These penalty throws are not added when the TD (or an official designated by the TD, such as a course director) corrects a player's score for other infractions determined after this player had turned in an otherwise correct scorecard.
(3) Late Scorecard. See 804.03 F.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the round, each player shall sign his or her scorecard indicating that he or
she attests to the accuracy of the score on each hole and the total score.

Question. Why did I get penalized for Darco's bad math at the CC? I never signed anything. I never was given an opportunity to add my own score. And when I did add my score properly, I was penalized. Ghey confused

Another Comment not related.

Unless your on the top of the card, don't touch it until its your turn to keep score. The person who is supposed to get the card goes to get it, and its not there, then has to try to figure out where it is before the round starts, is an unnecessary distraction that they don't need.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I never signed anything.

I seem to recall that the CC scorecards had to be initialed.

My version says I added up Rolly's score with an error, and Rolly initialed it without checking it over.

I remember arguing this point with the TDs on Rolly's behalf, and they stuck to the formal rules, saying that it's each player's job to verify his submitted score.

I apologized a lot to Rolly, will try to improve my scorecard addition this year.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff happens, its not a big deal, and I dont dream of cutting you fingers off at night, I still love you in a non ghey way Darco.

I didn't sign shhhh it (so penton can open at school). I did not even add it, until it was to late. We finished on little jr hole by the parking lot (the one we should not park in). We finished, I went to my car which was 70ft max to the basket, then to the disc central where that would be reasonable place to check scores etc. I was not more then 150 feet from either the last basket or disc central when card went in and 5-10 min had passed at most.

If I initialed it without checking, how could you feel guilty at all? Or how could I blame you for it? Last year scorecards as far as I know in any PDGA event did not need to be initialed anymore. It was a rule that was removed from the book so TD's did not have to hunt/wait for people getting lunch. I guess they brought it back? I hope so, because if you had to sign last year, which I did not Ill be doubly pissed off.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have changed the signing rule back not for my sake, but because it opens a pandora's box for cheating. They should add the rule that top of the card is responsible for making sure the 3-5 players on the card check and sign the card (or at least sign it), so the TD does not have to hunt them down at lunch.
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:

Question. Why did I get penalized for Darco's bad math at the CC? I never signed anything. I never was given an opportunity to add my own score. And when I did add my score properly, I was penalized. Ghey confused

Have a look again at what's above:

Quote:
Players whose scorecards are turned in unsigned accept
responsibility for the scores reported.

No signature, no choice.

The card was turned in, and that's the end of it. I didn't hear a complaint about Ken hoarding the card or preventing anyone from adding their own score after the last run was completed. In this, silence is compliance.

It sucked for you, and it gave me no joy in enforcing the rule, but as a TD, I have rules to follow, too. Bottom line: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SCORE. Even if the guy adding it up is a Ph.D.
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Especially* if the guy adding it up has a phd!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: