Ottawa Disc Golf Club

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Team Play League -> [01] - Thursday, May 8, 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: [01] - Thursday, May 8, 2008 Reply with quote

Welcome back.

This is an invitation to all players to come out for the ODGC Thursday Night Doubles League.

For those unfamiliar with the doubles nights, the way it works is that all players of all abilities are welcome. Teams are drawn randomly with one player coming from an Advanced pool, the other from an Intermediate (this also includes beginners) pool.

Different formats of disc golf are played throughout the season. See posts from 2007 for a run down of the formats played. A number of formats are not strictly doubles formats, rather they are non-standard singles formats (ie; not basic stroke play), where players are grouped according to ability.

All Thursday league nights take place at Jacques Cartier Park.
Players meet by the First tee, at the east end of the lower parking lot by the Ottawa River.

For Week 1, we will play the WEAVE, which is a double-alternate format.
Depending on course availability (ie; if the south side is overrun with soccer practices which normally go away by mid-to-late May), we would play the Blue tees, but if we are restricted to the North side nine, we'll play a round of Blues and a round of Yellows.

The start time is a hard 6:30 pm.
I will be available for sign-in from 6:15 pm.

The cost for Thursday league (unchanged since 2002!) for ODGC members will be $6, broken down as $3 for payout, $2 to support the ODGC and $1 into a mandatory ace pool. The ace pool sits at $0, since it was won on the final Thursday of last season. Local Non-ODGC members are welcome at a fee of $10. Out-of-town visitors are most welcome to Thursday league, and are charged the $6 fee.

Local players who are coming out to ODGC League for the first time, have their fees waived for their first three sessions.

Looking forward to another good season, may it be a season of great golf, strong attendance, some new faces and lots of fun.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a chance that I won't be able to attend this evening, (sick child...), so could I count on one of the regulars to run the event in case I'm not there??

This consists of collecting fees, taking down names (especially of new players), drawing up teams, paying the winners, and recording and reporting all scores (here on the thread).

Most likely I will be there, just want to alert players that there might be this extra job to do. Thanks.
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken...I'll do it if you're not there...Don's told me he was not around for Thursday this week...just explain the rules quickly...I'll have to check when I get back home..

Eric
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Hey !! Anywhere I can print cards for JCP ??
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A modest turnout of 5 players for our first Thursday of the season. We opted for basic best-disc as the format, with Eric the odd-man playing Cali doubles. Early season soccer swarmed the south side, so we played 9 Blues and 9 Yellows on the north side. Eric missed 2008 Ace No. 5 by inches, with a skip hyzer on hole 10 Yellow that pinged off the top of the basket rim.

Results:

1. Stacie Sivyer and Ken Darcovich -12
2. Eric Vinet -7
3. Stéphane Myre and Shane Kilpatrick -2

Payout of $7.50 each to Stacie and Ken.

No Aces, the modest early season pool moves up to the paper category of $5.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Team Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: