Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> SYN CITY SATURDAY - Use 'em if you got 'em!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: SYN CITY SATURDAY - Use 'em if you got 'em! Reply with quote

This upcoming Saturday will be the last regular event in the Ice League series for 2007/2008.

As we did last season, we'll wrap up the regular season with a special event called "SYN City Saturday".

At this event, SYN Cards, which normally sell for $3 each or 2 for $5 will be reduced in price to $1 each.

Mulligan Cards, which normally go for $2 each or 3 for $5 will also be available for $1.

In a tweak to last year's format, as requested by some of our regular players, we'll put a cap on the number of SYN Cards you can buy, and the number of times you can be Synned.

We'll double the maximum number of SYN Cards that you can purchase from 2 to 4, and also limit the number of times anyone can be personally synned to a maximum of 4 for the day.

That way, if both you and your partner purchase the maximum of 4 SYN Cards each, you'll be able to use them against your opponents on a normal card of 2 teams (4 players). Remember, you can also use you SYN Cards against a player on another card if you can see the throw made by the player you want to Syn.

Mulligans will be available in unlimited quanity. Remember, it's all about good times, and raising funds for the charity. You can also Syn for good or give your opponent a friendly mully if you want to balance your karma.

Your SYN Cards and Mulligan Cards that were unused from previous events of this year's Ice League will also be honoured, as long as you don't Syn any one player more than 4 times on the day.

After this week's league event, your Syn and Mulligan Cards will not have any value... so use 'em if you got 'em! A unique Mulligan Card will be available for sale at the Ice Bowl, and no Syn Cards will be in use at the Ice Bowl. [Edit: thanks]

We're at JCP for this event, starting at the regular time, or 11:30 for Ice Putt and 12:00 to close the registration for Ice League.

See you there!

~Splash~

Last edited by Splash on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: SYN CITY SATURDAY - Use 'em if you got 'em! Reply with quote

Splash wrote:
After this week's league event, your Syn and Mulligan Cards will not have any value... so use 'em if you got 'em! A unique Mulligan Card will be available for sale at the Ice League, and no Syn Cards will be in use at the Ice League.

Should read "A unique Mulligan Card will be available for sale at the Ice Bowl, and no Syn Cards will be in use at the Ice Bowl."

Good Work on the Ice League this year Donald. I meant to say I had a great time last Saturday at FM, but I didn't get around to it. Thanks Don for putting it on, and thanks to Old Man for hosting.

Last edited by BigBrotherPenton on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my pleasure, dude. good times.
clausr
MOD Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Don, thank you for organizing IL. I know its not an easy job.
And thanks OMR for hosting Abby and I. There are good times every outing.

Cheers,

Claus
Mr. Fister
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is going to be alot of snow Saturday so make yur ribbons long. I have been tying ribbons together to make them longer and that works great. Plus you can use different colors to life life up a bit.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a round at JCP last night, and it's too bad the snow will get rid of the magic that makes the course look so special.

The reflected light off the top-crusted frozen snow not only lights up the course, but it makes it look as if it's a cake frosted with your favourite topping.

The discs slide like magic too, giving you that extra distance you always wanted... that is until you hit a boot print crevasse, and then you're stopped cold.

Fun times with DiscoRico and the R'n'R outlaw.
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jebus I'm tired!
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah me to.
That was fun, some nice skip shots,
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combined with the mandatory snow shovelling we had to do just to get to the course and back in our driveways, a good workout was had by eveyone who showed up to SYN City Saturday. I was still hurting on Sunday!

We reduced the price of the SYN and Mulligan cards to the 50¢ level as they were last year, and re-offered Mulligans to be sold during the round. No more than 4 SYN Cards could be purchased, and no more than 4-SYN Cards could be used on any one person. Mulligans were only limited to what was printed, and I still had lots of them left.

Andy had the honours of being the first person to be Synned-Out, while Rolly held on to his Original Syn the longest, but was all synned out before the final hole brought the round to a close.

The SYNs, Mullys and Godfather Cards were flying all day, which made the round one of the longest of the season. We tried to make it a bit easier for ourselves, as we stuck to the North Side, playing in twice around (Yellows and Blues) in the foot-deep snow. Hopefully the milder weather we are expecting will get rid of some of the white stuff before the Ice Bowl.

Feb-2nd results:

1. Andros & Splash (-1), $9 each
2= Ron St-Louis & OMR (0)
2= Kyle Fisher & Rolly (0)

The course is now a bit easier to play, since we made a lot of trails throughout the north side. However, since the snow was mostly powder, the trails we made are only slightly better than fresh snow.

On the Ice Putt side of things, Andy had another good round, winning back-to-back weeks:

1. Andros, 22 pts, 6 Ice Putt Pts, $10
2. Ron, 19 pts, 5 IP Pts
3. Rolly, 15 pts, 4 IP Pts
4. Splash, 14 pts, 3 IP Pts
5. OMR, 7 pts, 2 IP Pts
6. Kyle, 3 pts, 1 IP Pt

We have new leaders on both the Ice League and Ice Putt side of the rankings, which are now posted. This ranking includes the Jan-12 results which were missing from the last ranking for OMR, Langsie, Roxie, and Andros.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: