Ottawa Disc Golf Club

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS 2007: Registration Times on Tuesdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Bourgeois
ODGC Tuesday Night Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: TOSS 2007: Registration Times on Tuesdays Reply with quote

Beginning in week 9 of the season, daylight hours began to disappear at an accelerating rate. There were close to 150 minutes of daylight for the round in week 9, and just over 120 minutes of daylight for week 12. Yes, that's a half hour difference.
Nobody likes to finish in darkness, and starting on time is going to become increasingly important. Tee time for Jacques Cartier Park is 6:00pm, and for Camp Fortune it is 6:30pm. Registration closes fifteen minutes before tee time. This has been reiterated in every Tuesday night event posting this season, and has been stated in the season schedule as well.
The vast majority of players have been arriving at the course with plenty of time to register. These people are keeping the start times crisp and the finish times bright. If this describes your dedication and routine, then I thank you; you keep Tuesdays running smoothly. The following is intended for those that have demonstrated difficulty in making it to the course early:

Beginning Week 12, if you are not registered prior to my writing the last name on the last score card, you will not be permitted to participate in the evening events. Score card assignments will begin shortly after the close of registration (5:45 for Jacques Cartier Park, and 6:15 for Camp Fortune), and the posted start times will be respected.

In order to relieve some of the pressure on those that find it particularly difficult to make it to the course early, I am prepared to accept your pre-registration, either by phone (I don’t carry a cell phone, but you may know somebody at the course that does) or via the forum. If, before 12:00 noon on the day of the event, you post in the appropriate Tuesday Night thread that you will be on time for the start but late for registration, I’ll include your name on one of the score cards. Those on your card will wait up to 15 minutes for you to arrive before teeing off. You will receive a penalty of 4 strokes per hole that you miss (as per the rules of disc golf). I will check the forum at noon on the day of the event, but I will not honor forum pre-registration (or cancellations) unless the time stamp on your post is 12:00pm (noon) or earlier.

Pre registration is a privilege that I will extend to everyone with one exception: If you pre register and fail to show up at all, your future pre registration requests will be refused unless you can show me an accident report or pictures of the UFO that beamed you away. Everyone deserves to know that scheduled events will start on time and the tardiness of one or two will not tarnish the expectations and enjoyment of the game that the majority of golfers have come to appreciate.

See you on time on Tuesday!

Last edited by Paul Bourgeois on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: