Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ice Aution items Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, winner gets a 26er (or 13 oz, whichever fits the mold better) of Vodka frozen in an Ice block, Cant buy it, only Skilz can earn it.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ That's the Ice Bowl trophy. Only in Ottawa. big grin
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Even more Ice Auction items Reply with quote

Here we go again. Cool Another day closer to the Ice Bowl. Smile The snow is piling up, and we're looking good in competition against the other Canadian Ice Bowls who are in this year's Great Canadian Ice Bowl Challenge.

If you've got some buddies who play... please tell them about it and get them to sign up, as I'd like to add even more to the auction, but I'd also like to sell it out. Ask anyone who has been there before - it's a blast! Thank you!!!

To register, please sign up here today: www.odgc.ca/signup/

Today's combo comes as a pair of Predators, one in Elite-Z plastic, and the other in Elite-X.

The Elite Z Predator™ is great for big hyzer shots and is a must for those dogleg holes. The Discraft rating for this style in this plastic is 2.5

RARE 2003 TORONTO ISLAND OPEN STREET CAR LOGO 173g PREDATOR

In Elite-X plastic, the disc comes in at a rating of 2.0. If you're wondering what those numbers mean, check out the Discraft Stability Guide.

According to Discraft, "The Predator™ is our most predictable overstable driver. It holds a line in the wind, or turns a hyzer corner at medium speed. Very fast and consistent. Check a top pro's bag, and chances are good you'll find a Pred!"

CRAIGELLACHIE DISC GOLF CLUB 172-174g PREDATOR

Last edited by Splash on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Hogger 2.0
Driver

Location: Innova Champ SL is my long distance service provider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Lane wrote:
172g ODGC BRAD HAMMOCK WORLD CHAMPION SIGNED DX TEEBIRD

Do the tantrums come free? Or do we have to win a separate auction?
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogger, if you bring your own cairn of rocks, and build it up nice and high, we'll let 'ya kick it all down.

Of course, the bouncers at the pub might object....
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a lot of discs, but we do have other things in the Ice Auction aside from them.

Here are a few examples, which will continue for a few days:

BRAND NEW - TRIVIAL PURSUIT - SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE EDITION

Live from your living room, it's Saturday Night! Choose an SNL character and move around the game board answering questions about the show's characters, commercials, sketches & more. Watch DVD clips from the show to score wedge pieces!

FEATURES:

Grab your favourite character and start answering questions about Saturday Night Live. To win a scoring wedge, go to the DVD to answer an on-screen question.

Get ready to relive the sketches, famous impressions and unforgettable characters from SNL while challenging your friends to see who knows the most about this comedy showcase.

Includes over 2,000 questions including 450 on DVD.

Six Question Categories: Sketches, Famous Impressions, Commercial Parodies, Characters, SNL & The Show

BOOK FROM THE SMOKING GUN - THE DOG DIALED 911

This book was donated to the Ice Auction by the good folks at The Smoking Gun.

The Dog Dialed 911 is "an entertaining book of lists culled from our collection of police reports, mug shots, FBI memos, court transcripts, and other public documents." ... ""The Dog Dialed 911 is filled with outrageous accounts of lowlife shenanigans and colorful on-the-record utterances, crimes and misdemeanors of mind-boggling inanity, and notorious public nuisances as well as average Joes and Janes engaging in horrendous (and often hilarious) behavior."

Check out this promo video... especially if you don't much care for Paris Hilton.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also from our friends at The Smoking Gun comes this book, which features some of their site's greatest hits and loads of material--all of which, frankly, is far more entertaining than anything in that guy Jonathan Franzen's new Great American Novel or Jack Welch's opus.

THE SMOKING GUN - THEIR ORIGINAL BOOK OF SECRETS

This is the first book offered by TSG, which is a site I've been reading for several years. "The Smoking Gun: A Dossier of Secret, Surprising, and Salacious Documents," was published by Little, Brown & Co.

Here is a book description from Amazon:

"From the creators of the highly popular website thesmokinggun.com [comes] a wildly entertaining collection of previously unpublished documents (court transcripts, FBI files, morgue and police reports, etc.) that hilariously illuminate some of the most important, scandalous, or bizarre news stories of recent years."

You will also find some disc golf t-shirts available at our Ice Auction, with the first one featuring a full-colour photo of the 1st major tournament at Mont Avalanche this past season.

2006 MONT AVALANCHE DISC GOLF EVENT T-SHIRT (SIZE XL)

Where's Waldo? You'll find more than a few people in this shot who will be here at the Ice Bowl, and a few more that we hope will sign up soon.

Spread the word... the Ice Bowl cometh!
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awright awright! I'm in...I will try to talk Bender into it as well.
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!! STAMPS!!!
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to make a 6 CD collection, for the road trips. I got cool "record" style CDs too. If I get really creative, they're will be sleeves too. I figure they'll go for at least 10 IB.
Hogger 2.0
Driver

Location: Innova Champ SL is my long distance service provider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Even more Ice Auction items Reply with quote

Splash wrote:

The Elite Z Predator™ is great for big hyzer shots and is a must for those dogleg holes. The Discraft rating for this style in this plastic is 2.5

Man I love the Z Predator. Nice stamp!
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By BBP's request, here is the rarest item that is featured in this year's Ice Auction. It's a set of 10 Japanese stamps from the 6th World Games in Akita, Japan, which is the only known stamp in the world to feature disc golf or ultimate.

This in one of the greatest disc collectibles. They were issued during the World Games in Japan and were the "National Stamp" for the day. Yes, disc sports did gets its own stamp!

This extremely rare set of stamps, in it's original folder, was donated to our Ice Auction by ODGC member Michael Sullivan, who represented Canada at the event and placed 2nd, only behind 2-time world champion Barry Schultz.

SET OF DISC GOLF STAMPS FROM THE 2001 WORLD GAMES IN AKITA, JAPAN

These stamps also feature some of the other sports which were at the World Games, and are held within a full colour folder for protection. Here is the back side of the folder on the left, and the interior of the folder with it's authentic cover piece.

The second featured item for yesterday was donated to the Ice Auction by The Ultimate Disc Golf Store. The reputation of these CFR Wraiths preceed them, and they are a very popular disc on E-bay.

2007 PRO WORLDS CHAMPION FUND RAISER (CFR) 167g WRAITH

Innova CFR Wraith

This CFR Wraith is a Limited Edition Champion Fund Raiser disc for the 2007 PDGA Pro World Championships.

The Wraith is Innova’s longest and fastest Distance Driver to date. It is a stable flyer that performs predictably well in the wind with speed, glide and accuracy. This disc performs remarkably well when thrown at less than full speed as well as at full speed. The Pro Wraith is an excellent side arm disc. The Wraith is the first disc to hit the market with speed of 11.

Speed: 11
Glide: 5
Turn: -1
Fade: +3

Best Choice for: Maximum Distance, long hyzers, tailwind drives, intermediate to advanced players looking for the ultimate distance disc.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIGNED DISCRAFT MINIS, INCLUDING ONE BY 2005 WORLD CHAMP NATE DOSS

Two of the discs I posted on 20 Jan 2007 @ 19:28 are now signed for posterity by our own Jeff Meldrum and Rob 'Twirly' Wormald, both of whom are featured on the minis.

One other one minis is rather special though, and is a commemorative mini issued by Discraft for their 2005 World Champion, Nate Doss, signed by Nate at the 2006 Amateur World Championships. This disc was donated to the Ice Auction by Brother André Leach.

2003 TORONTO ISLAND OPEN STAMPED ELITE-X 173-174g BLACK WASP

Black discs from some companies are almost impossible to find. Collectors covet them. Some of them have gone for sick prices at auctions I've been to, mostly in St. Thomas and Rochester, where black is where it's at.

This rare disc is a Wasp, which is a nice approach disc used by many of our touring players on a regular basis, and features the Street Car (yup, Hogger... a Street Car... happy now?) logo from the 2003 Toronto Island Open.

According to the Discraft web site, "The Wasp™ is our most popular overstable midrange. Superbly consistent flight characteristics for shots in the 250-350 foot range, you'll want one for windy days or hyzer finishes."

Last edited by Splash on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a local side, here is a Camp Fortune disc, signed by the course manager/designer, and QC's first pro player, Jeff Meldrum.

2005 MR. BEE DESIGNED ONT-AM CH'SHIPS CHAMPION SIGNED SUPER COLOUR Z-SPECTRA

"The Spectra™ may be the next distance record setter, because it goes a long way with much less effort! Super fast and easy to control, the Spectra™ is a downwind driver that comes exclusively in SuperColor designs."

I need a new Spectra after losing my favourite one at Stacie's course on Saturday on the hole which shoots over a valley to the peak of another one of the course's rolling hills. It's a really fun hole to throw on.

This next design is a popular one, and was made for the first OD tour that came to our part of the province. It is from the 2005 event at Camp Fortune, and locals who may have lost their discs in the waters and jungles of our courses might appreciate having a replacement disc of the same vintage.

LIMITED EDITION 172-174g CRYSTAL-Z CHALLENGER PUTTER

As the saying goes, those who like them like them a lot. Challengers are overstable putters and if your standard Aviar or Magnet is inconsistent for you, you might want to see if a Challenger suits your style.

These two were posted for Sunday the 28th. Another two items for today will be posted a bit later.

Last edited by Splash on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items up today that you'll be able to bid on with Ice Bucks at our Ice Auction include ...

MINT CONDITION 1976 AROUND NINE DGA YELLOW 40 MOLD

This disc, donated by Michael Sullivan, dates back to 1976 and was set out by the PDGA (DGA back then) to promote their "Around Nine" game, which today we use as part of the structure of our Ice League, calling it "The Ice Putt". This rare piece of frisbee memorabilia is hard to find, especially in brand new condition, as this 40 mold is.

The Ice Auction will also have a few more Minis as drawn for events run by Mr. Bee and the Men with Hats.

MR. BEE DESIGNED DISCRAFT MINIS

These minis are hard to lose, fly well, and look swank at the same time.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm going to catch up and bring us up to date with our two-items-a-day pledge that I made several weeks ago.

TWO PACKS OF PHOTO PLAYING CARDS FROM TSG and the PDGA

These two card sets are distinctly available at the Ice Auction. The one on the left is from our friends at The Smoking Gun, who issued this pack of celebrity mug shot playing cards. Their cover model as shown above is actually Frank Sinatra. The pack features several non-flattering shots of such people such as you can find over here. These cards aren't sold anywhere, so it's a very special prize, and a fun set of cards!

The PDGA Playing Cards feature some of your favourite professional players in action.

This deck features: (listed ♠ Spades, ♣ Clubs, ♥ Hearts, ♦ Diamonds):
ACES - Ken Climo, Barry Schultz, Juliana Korver, Des Reading
KINGS - Dave Feldberg, Nate Doss, Elaine King, Birgitta Lagerholm
QUEENS - Cameron Todd, Ron Russell, Carrie "Burl" Berlogar, Valarie Jenkins
JACKS - Steve Rico, Brian Schweberger, Courtney Peavy, Lesli Todd
TENS - Brad Hammock, Stan McDaniel, Nadine Cosgrove, Angela Tschiggfrie
NINES - Marcus Kallstrom, Jesper Lundmark, Jussi Meresmaa, Timo Pursio
EIGHTS - Scott Martin, Timmy Gill, Avery Jenkins, Kevin McCoy
SEVENS - Dean Tannock, Jim Oates, Jim Myers, Joe Mela
SIXES - David Greenwell, Al Schack, Tom Monroe, Gregg Hosfeld
FIVES - Kozo Shimbo, Yasushi Jitsuhiro, Chris Max Voight, Derek Robins
FOURS - Rick Voakes, Sylvia Voakes, Peter Shive, Ted Williams
THREES - John Ahart, Harold Duvall, Sam Ferrans, Steve Wisecup
TWOS - Jay Reading, Don Wilchek, Joel Kelly, John Houck
JOKERS - "Steady" Ed Headrick, The PDGA Staff

The PDGA Playing Cards deck was donated by Rod Nicholls. Thanks Zonker!

Here is what the front and the back of this deck look like:

Last edited by Splash on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on?
No items for the auction today?
I sense a disturbance in the force......
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working on ODSA issues all morning, work issues (including a sexy new project that links work and play) all day, and I've just finished making my golf bag glow as if it was snuck out of a certain plant in Springfield, ??

When I get back from a night glo round, I'll post some more.

Now then, off to Timmies on King Edward to prepare for the round!
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air was crisp and clean playing a night round tonight, and the discs were easy to see, as much of the course is still lit up at night. Ribbons helped me find a few discs quicker, although the lights on their own would have been enough in most cases.

The light I got from Bronte Creek Dustin was the bomb! When using it though, you want the light to be pointing away from you! Embarassed

Anyways, on to today's items for the Ice Auction.

We've got one disc from the 2003 Toronto Island Open, and a Collector Series Super Roc from the 2005 Pro World Championships.

2003 TORONTO ISLAND OPEN 174g ELITE-Z CYCLONE

Elite-Z Cyclones are really dependable discs. The mold has been around for a long time, and it has stood up to the test of time. It's easy to control, and a good first driver for many newer players.

Here is what the Discraft has to say about their Elite Z Cyclone™ :

"A legendary driver that players come back for again and again. In the mid-90s, the Cyclone™ ruled the tee, and ushered in the era of golf drivers made from high-tech engineered polymers. It's easy to control whether you're going straight, hyzer or anhyzer. A disc golf standard."

2005 PRO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 171g YELLOW SUPER ROC

This is a Champion Series Super Roc from the 2005 Pro World Championships, which were held in Allentown, PA. The Super Rocs were created as fund raiser discs for special events, and this one was well received, with artwork by John Dorn, who is also the artist who created the various creative designs we've seen on Ice Bowl discs for the past few years.

Many thanks to Rob "Twirly" Wormald from the Ultimate Disc Golf Store for this donation to our Ice Bowl's Ice Auction. Super Rocs look great on the wall, or fly even better out of your golf bag.

Last edited by Splash on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: