Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> Found: White Star Wraith
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Found: White Star Wraith Reply with quote

...found when no one was around, and it's owner wasn't looking for it anymore. Returned at the end of the round when asked if anyone had found it, and kept always with the intention of returning it when asked. I was ready to take it home and to send an email to the address on the back of the disc stating that it was found while asking , "how can I get it back to you," but this post is here for a reason:

If one is going to warm-up at the course, one should not throw so many discs that one can't keep track of them. This results in one tying up a hole that others could use but are unable to while said practicing person is mulling around with their head down looking for their disc that is somewhere where said person doesn't remember where it went. Also: Practicing drives requires a target, not a basket. Practicing putts and short approaches are the only things that require a basket.

Now, one might say, "I know, I know, but you get more throws in and get to know your plastic, and all of that, and who is this burjwahzeh guy that is ranting on about this stuff, I could say lots about him too, especially his annoying dog and mid-round blather, and does he ever have a bum's eye for clothes and sunglasses, and he isn't a good golfer so why should I listen to him anyways,"

but when one takes an area with a 50' radius with one of only three baskets that are conveniently usable at the start of the course at its centre, and one takes said space and said basket out of play for everyone else while said individual empties their bag, said individual isn't extending enough consideration to the players around them.

An aside: Star plastic discs make GREAT knee discs. They are nice and grippy, and you don't slide around on them.

edit: commas and periods. smile

Last edited by burjwahzeh on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost: commas and periods. Looking for them in the above post, but can't seem to find them. Hold on! Nope. Not there. I'll keep looking. Just read around me. No really. I'm not in the way. I'll just keep looki...found it! Nope. This is someone elses writing. Damn. Could people just stop writing in this thread so I can find...Oh wait! Got it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: