Ottawa Disc Golf Club

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> B.O. courtesy violation Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusan
Putter

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: B.O. courtesy violation Reply with quote

At what point can you consider the REALLY BAD B.O. Crying or Very sad of a tournament participant a courtesy violation? Especially if they are on your card all weekend and they have been given totally appropriate feedback about it and they wear the same t-shirt both days, refuse to put on deodorant and they say that it's "too bad for you", when they are adressed on it?
C'mon TD's!

Last edited by Dusan on Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

801.01 Courtesy

B. Players should take care not to produce any distracting noises or any potential visual distractions for other players who are throwing...

F. Courtesy dictates that players who smoke should not allow their smoke to disturb other players.

That's it from the PDGA Rule Book. The Tour Player Handbook talks about a dress code, and "all players in PDGA sanctioned competitions are expected to dress appropriately and maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all Event sites and all associated functions."

Is this a serious question? Would alot of perfume or cologne also fall into this catagory?
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think this is a serious question, perfume, cologne...is just as offensive to some as bad B.O., I have noticed in many public places signs that address the perfume issue. Now, if one would come across someone who has total disregard for his fellow players like Dusan did...could Dusan ask the TD to move him to another card?
DiscDiggler
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge wrote:
Now, if one would come across someone who has total disregard for his fellow players like Dusan did...could Dusan ask the TD to move him to another card?

How is that fair to the guys on the other card?
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the end of a conversation on Live 88 Five this morning and they were talking about the possible ban of smells that could set migraines or headaches in others. I didn't catch who they were talking to, or at what level they were talking about (Provincial, Municipal, Private business). I know in our school board there's a policy about scents in the schools, but I can't find it on their website.

I think the main fight agains fragrances is the chemicals that are being used in today's perfumes.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you asking the TD's to put nose plugs in the players pack big grin
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that fair to the guys on the other card?[/quote]

I meant move Dusan to the other card, not Pig Pen.
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxie wrote:

Yeah, with the ODGC logo on'em!
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no rules against the move I don't think, but it does state they have to be "grouped by cumulative score for each round thereafter". Though as a teacher, I know the ramifications of moving people around that difer from the rules laid out. So much pain.

804.06 Grouping and Sectioning
A. Professional and Amateur players should not be grouped together, and all players from different divisions shall be segregated from each other during play as much as practicable.

B. All players within a division should be randomly grouped for the first round and grouped by cumulative score for each round thereafter.

C. Groups shall not be less than three players, except under extenuating circumstances, as deemed necessary by the director, to promote fairness. In cases where fewer than three players are required to play together, an official is required to accompany the group and may play as long as this does not interfere with the competing players.

D. When there are more entrants than can play together in one round, the field of competitors may be split into sections or pools.

E. If conditions differentially affect play among sections, the director may consider using a sectioning procedure for cut and advancement. Under this procedure, a proportionate number of advancing players are taken from each section by score and the scores are not carried forward
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge wrote:
Roxie wrote:

Yeah, with the ODGC logo on'em!

My first thought was these would be great for Fortune - it'll keep the bugs out of your nose - but then I thought you'd just suck them in your mouth even more.
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs taste better marinated in snot anyway!
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Carlton Howard and got this reply.

Dear Geoff,

No hardly. I guess if he/she tried to rub his/her body against a fellow competitor a case could be made.

Otherwise, as with smokers, steer clear and try to remain upwind.

I have called a CV on a golfer for breaking wind on the tee. He jumped on the pad and walked around on it and let out a big one. The only problem was that he didn't have honors..thus the golfer who did had to deal with the "smoke screen".

Yours Sincerely;

Carlton Howard
PDGA Rules Committee Chairman

So to answer the question Dusan; no you can't. Different strokes, for different folks.
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it doesn't really answer the question. So we'll try this; There is no point were you could call a CV under these circumstances.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge wrote:

Says you!
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Pig Pen found a way to throw everyone's game off...ever think of that angle?
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxie wrote:
surge wrote:

Says you!

How do you like yours?
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight up!
Dusan
Putter

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge wrote:
Maybe Pig Pen found a way to throw everyone's game off...ever think of that angle?

didn't throw me off my game, other than having to walk really slow or fast to get as much distance between us as possible. Off the tee, hot & humid, no wind, man that was the worst...no escape!

I wouldn't ask a TD to move me cards...besides we were the first 2 on the lead card by 4-5 strokes, only way i was gettin moved was to start throwing OB or something Smile

BBP, thanks for getting an Official ruling. I know that I wouldn't seek to lay down a CV, you know me I'm pretty laid back. i just thought it was an interesting question that came to me as a result of my experience in Rochester... all I can say is eeet vas focking BRUTAL!!!
Dusan
Putter

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge wrote:

didn't throw me off my game, other than having to walk really slow or fast to get as much distance between us as possible. Off the tee, hot & humid, no wind, man that was the worst...no escape!

I wouldn't ask a TD to move me cards...besides we were the first 2 on the lead card by 4-5 strokes, only way i was gettin moved was to start throwing OB or something Smile

BBP, thanks for getting an Official ruling. I know that I wouldn't seek to lay down a CV, you know me I'm pretty laid back. i just thought it was an interesting question that came to me as a result of my experience in Rochester... all I can say is eeet vas focking BROO-TAL!!!
Schnobble Gobbler
Mudslide Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: B.O. courtesy violation Reply with quote

Dusan wrote:
At what point can you consider the REALLY BAD B.O. Crying or Very sad of a tournament participant a courtesy violation? Especially if they are on your card all weekend and they have been given totally appropriate feedback about it and they wear the same t-shirt both days, refuse to put on deodorant and they say that it's "too bad for you", when they are adressed on it?
C'mon TD's!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: