Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS [1] JCP Blues May 9, 2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Bourgeois
ODGC Tuesday Night Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: TOSS [1] JCP Blues May 9, 2006 Reply with quote

The Tuesday Ottawa Singles Series will begin on Tuesday, May 9 at 6:00pm at Jacques Cartier Park.

Be at the park before 6:00pm in order to sign-in!

Week 1 will see us playing from the blue teepads, public use of the park permitting. If necessary, we will play a combined blue and yellow 18 holes on the North 9.

Players should meet at the new practice basket near the south side parking lot. You are asked to park in the south side parking lot as well.

Cost:
$6 for ODGC Members with established handicaps. You will be competing for evening honours.
$3 for any player without a handicap. Your round will count as one of the three required to establish your handicap regardless of your membership status.
$3 for players that have played enough rounds to establish their handicap, but are not club members. Memberships will be available every night this season. Your round always counts towards your handicap.

Exact change would be appreciated.

Let the fun begin!

Last edited by Paul Bourgeois on Tue May 16, 2006 11:53 am; edited 4 times in total
peachgrinder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$3 for any player without a handicap. Your round will count as one of the three required to establish your handicap regardless of your membership status.

So, in the unlikely event that I shoot a blazing round, and without the aid of a handicap, 'place' highly, would I earn TOSS(er) points?

PEACH

Last edited by peachgrinder on Tue May 09, 2006 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paul Bourgeois

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a handicap to place.
Paul Bourgeois

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine evening of golf was enjoyed by all 13 players that participated in the inaugural Tuesday Ottawa Singles Series.

The following summarizes the scores:

Code:

Name,  Name Handicap Score Adjusted Score
Pengelly, Dawn     21    55    34
Meldrum, Jeff    10    45    35
Schnobb, Gavin    25    61    36
Leslie, Robyne   26    64    38
Svetkoff, Ben      19    58    39
Pengelly, Arthur   12    52    40
Rowland, Geoff    9    50    41
Bourgeois, Paul     16    58    42
Reitlingshoefer Claus  7   51    44
Penton, Geoff   11  57  46
Dobrev, Stefan - 45 -
Lepack,  Jason - 49 -
Rancourt,  Marc - 54 -

Congratulations to Dawn Pengelly, whose excellent round earned her top honours of the evening and a cool $20.
Runner-up Jeff Meldrum shot an amazing 45, and earned $10 for his fine work.

The new handicaps have been calculated as follows (regrets about the formatting, I'll work on improving this in the future):
Family Name Given Name Handicap # on Record
Dobrev Stefan 3 3
Reitlingshoefer Claus 4 4
Rowland Geoff 6 6
Meldrum Jeff 7 5
Darcovich Ken 8 4
Lane Don 8 6
Penton Geoff 8 6
Visser Carl 8 4
Heginbottom James 9 4
Pengelly Arthur 9 6
Lepack Jason 10 3
Leslie Robyne 11 6
Wormald Rob 11 3
Lariviere Jeff 12 5
Bourgeois Paul 13 6
Seguin Serge 16 4
Svetkoff Ben 16 6
Burgoin Chris 18 4
Fowler Mike 18 3
Pengelly Dawn 18 7
Sivyer Stacie 21 3
Legare Pierre 22 3
Schnobb Gavin 23 5
Wright Ben 25 3
Bason Mark 1
Charron Jules 1
Everson Clint 1
Grignon Kevin 2
Harley Mike 1
Holden Mike 1
Holland Paul 1
Ilic Erin 1
Kaegi Simon 1
McCormick Mike 1
McDonald Colin 1
Merizzi Jean 1
Murphy Deb 1
Nandi Amit 2
Novosad Paul 1
Ouellette Kevin 1
Penton Ryan 1
Pinches Craig 2
Rancourt Marc 1
Rhoades Jeremey 1
Robitaille Zack 1
Seabrook Steve 1
Simpson Jake 1
Stott Brett 2
Vandenbelt Ben 1
Vinet Eric 2
Youdale Cliff 1
A Note on the Handicap Values:
Everybody's handicap has been adjusted DOWN by 1.7 strokes (before rounding). The adjustment has been applied retroactively, and in no way affects any players relative to each other. The reason for the increase in course handicaps has to do with the new course layout, and the noticable improvement in the average scores or almost all players. Without the adjustment, it would have made a "scratch" score of less than -18 on the new course. The increase has provided the blue tees with a scratch scoring value of 37.5, which leaves room for another 1.5 strokes over a true "pitch and putt" course.
I may make one more adjustment to the course handicaps for yellows prior to next week's game. The old yellow course rating is set a bit high, and adjusting it down slightly (by about 1.5 strokes) will better reflect the true difficulty of the course, and more evenly distribute scores, particularly amoung the more established players.

Cheers!
-Paul

Last edited by Paul Bourgeois on Tue May 09, 2006 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most fun ideed. I went home last night and told Sonya all about Emma's experience at the course - not because I wanted to, because I had to - and I was bragging about my Sunshine Birdies, and my/Ben's putt on 4 for birdie, and the passing of the little lady for drives and approaches, etc. At the end of my detailed play-by-play, hole-by-hole story of Emma, Sonya said, " you have really good friends". And I do. Thank you to my card.

My handicapped score doesn't even beat Meldrum's regular score. Confused

Last edited by BigBrotherPenton on Wed May 10, 2006 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: