Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Am I Allowed some "Guidance" on my Official's Test
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Am I Allowed some "Guidance" on my Official's Test Reply with quote

So am I? I'm stuck on one question...

Embarassed

Brother
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you are....ask away. And we'll show you the way. (I'm off the computer for March Break, so if you really need help I'm at 733-2640)
Arthur
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Good Luck Reply with quote

Yep, ask away. I'm sure you'll get a quick reply form one of us rules knowledgable disc golfers .... Smile
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've removed the question now. Thanks to those who helped out.

big grin

Brother

Last edited by Brother Andre on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Captain Crunch
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the answer lies below.

It would be a one shot penalty as he threw before the determination of the disc was in or out of bounds and he would rethrow from his previous lie.

D. If the in-bounds status of a disc is uncertain, either a majority of the group or an official shall make the determination. If the thrower moves the disc before a determination has been made, the disc shall be considered out-of-bounds, and he or she shall proceed in accordance with 803.09 B counting all throws made prior to the determination of the in-bounds status of the original lie. If a player other than the thrower moves the disc before a determination has been made, the disc shall be considered in-bounds, and play for the thrower and the mover of the disc shall proceed under the rules of interference, 803.07 B and C.

B. A player whose disc is considered out-of-bounds shall receive one penalty throw. The player may elect to play the next shot from:
(1) The previous lie as evidenced by the marker disc or, if the marker disc has been moved from an approximate lie, as agreed to by the majority of the group or an official; or
(2) A lie that is up to one meter away from and perpendicular to the point where the disc last crossed into out-of-bounds, as determined by a majority of the group or an official. This holds true even if the direction takes the lie closer to the hole; or
(3) Within the designated Drop Zone, if provided. These options may be limited by the tournament director as a special condition (see 804.01).
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CC. That's exactly the rules I was using. However, my problem is that none of the answers provided seem to fit those rules perfectly. E fits best in regards to where the lie is but my stumbling point is how this guy would get three penalty strokes. He gets 1 for being OB and 1 for the thorw that he took before waiting for his group...where is third "penalty" throw?

Lemme know what you think.

big grin

Brother
Captain Crunch
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. It is likely a two shot penalty. One for the out of bounds and one for the throw prior to the determination of the out of bounds disc. I don't think that three penalty strokes comes into play in this situation.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They got you. It's a trick question. Just check where he marked it sly wink
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you should ever be penalized for 2 strokes...it's one stroke only. Then give him a courtesy.
Captain Crunch
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you and would likely not have given him any penalties, just given him the benefit of the doubt but I don't think that is the answer they are looking for in this case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: