Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> A Stupid Mistake and Painfull Cleanup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: A Stupid Mistake and Painfull Cleanup Reply with quote

Here's a good one open to interpretation:

Playing a round at VA Barrie park, a player sets their bag of discs down as they get ready to putt on that up-hill ski hill hole (anyone that's played there knows exactly which hole I'm talking about). The bag is accidentally kicked over, and all 10 discs remaining in the bag begin to roll down the hill. The player, sensitive to the 30 second time delay rule, elects to putt before retrieving their scattered collection of plastic. Collecting all of the discs and returning takes several minutes.

Is having to bare the laughter of the rest of those in your group as you scurry back down the hill and into the bushes to retrieve your scattered discs the only penalty taken? If you were missing a disc, could you actually force the rest of the players in the group back down the hill to find it?

[This message has been edited by redline (edited May 03, 2004).]

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: A Stupid Mistake and Painfull Cleanup Reply with quote

E. Rule of Fairness. If any point in dispute is not covered by the rules, the decision shall be made in accordance with fairness. Often a logical extension of the closest existing rule or the principles embodied in these rules will provide guidance for determining fairness.

Lost disc isn't defined in the Glossary. This leaves it up to the discretion of the group. Though most would help find the missing disc, but I wouldn't think you'd be obliged.

If you left a disc on a picnnic table would that also be considered "lost" as well. I wouldn't think so.

There aren't any rules on this situation therefore no strokes added.

Holes like this one at VA Barrie usually have a back log, because of the walk up and then waiting for the group ahead of you to clear the hole. You'd have some to look for your discs, both then and then on the way back down.

It is funny though.

BBP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: