Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results Reply with quote

On a snowy and mild morning, 15 golfers arrived to play in Ottawa Ice Bowl 2. Despite the lower numbers, these generous individuals managed to raise about $400 for The Ottawa Food Bank along with about 15 bags of food. (According the website, the Food Bank can put $7 worth of food into the community for each $1 it receives in donations, that means we've actually donated about $2800...cool!)

The money was raised through the tourney fees, Ace pool (which went unclaimed) and an auction held at The New Edinburgh Pub. Auction items included, but were not limited to, several golf discs signed by 11x World Champion Ken Climo, Innova T-shirts, a metal mini disc and a mini basket taken home by Laurie.

A HUGE thank you to Rob Wormald and CD Exchange/Ultimate Disc Golf Store who provided the prizes for the winners of each division. Also to Mike Seaby and Wah Phung-Lu from Daredevil Discs who provided a free Frostie to each player in the Frostie division and to each player who made it to the pub afterwards. John Mann from Disc Golf Stuff graciously donated the mini basket and Don Lane provided most of the auction items including the Ken Climo signed gear. Thanks to all of you!!

The results were as follows (score is for 27 holes, par 81):

Ice Queens

1. Christine Beals 106
2. Laurie Montgomery 113

Frostie

1. Jerry Sullivan 101

Above Freezing

1. Chris (Sandbagger) Penton 84
2. Gavin Schnobb 88
3. Rod Nicholls 90
4. Paul Bourgeois 92
5. Ben Svetkoff 106

Sub Zero

1. Ken Darcovich 71 (that's 10 under...)
2. Rob Wormald 74
3. Mike Seaby 80
4. Carl Visser 81
5. Geoff Penton 83
6. Don Lane 86
7. Gavin Thompson 87

Thanks once again to all of you who participated. You people make this a lot of fun for me! I hope to see you all again for Ottawa Ice Bowl 3 in 2004!

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

p.s. (That was Aberlour 10 year old scotch we were drinking. Not "Glen Something"...)

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited February 02, 2003).]

Uncle_Buck
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results Reply with quote

Nice work !! and congrats to all on the $$ raised for the food bank. I am pissed that I was ill and could not make it, I was not there in body but my thoughts where with you folks and the excellent work you have done for our community...

Thanks.....

Pixelsmith
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results Reply with quote

All I can say is wow!
What a great time. The weather and scenery were beautiful.
Thanks to everyone who made this a memorable experience and for all the cool swag.
We missed you Buck. Hope you're feeling better soon.
launchpad
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results Reply with quote

Thanks to all who sponsored the event. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

The scotch didn't seem to help my game any. Maybe I should've gone for quality (10 year old scotch) over quantity?!

Cheers!

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew, for putting together a fine event. I really enjoyed it.

Although Schofield was unable to attend this year's Ice Bowl, he still contributes nonetheless:

>>>

Here's a joke:

Q: Why does Rod throw a golf disc with a beer in his other hand?

A: Because he wants to look suave and dépanneur.

ginger
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2 Results Reply with quote

Once again I had a great time!
Thank you to all involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: