Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

On Saturday February 9, 2002, 23 brave souls showed up for the First Annual Ottawa Ice Bowl in glorious weather conditions! Below are the results of the players from all three divisions. I will post totals of food donated and money rai$ed when they are available <P>My thanks to all those who came out yesterday to play in the snow and support two charities. <P>A big thank you goes to Don Lane without whom this would not have run as smoothly. Thanks also to Peter McKinnon who wrote a lovely press release that resulted in CJOH and The New RO covering our tournament. Did anyone see it on the news? I missed both Thank you also to Rob Wormald who gave of his time to set up the chains with me, too! Who did I miss?<P>The scores are listed as above/below par for each round. The total is in bold. Par for round one=48, round two=24, total par=72. Here are the results! <P>New Blood
1. Jeff Pakeman 9,4 13
2. Catherine Lesage 25,10 35
3. Christine Beals 36,15 51<P>Above Freezing
1. Geoff Penton 5,2 7 (playoff winner)
2. Jason Decelles 9,-2 7
3. Rod Nichols 7,1 8
4. Lee Donovan 8,1 9
5. Derek White 10,2 12
6. Pete Knowles 9,5 14
7. Doug Wingate 15,3 18
8. Carlos Vidosa 15,6 21
9. Evan Gibbs 17,5 22
10. Gavin Schnobb 21,7 28
10. Paul Bourgeois 18,10 28
12. Lori "Melody" Montgomery 19,12 31<P>SubZero
1. Rob Wormald -2,-3 -5
2. Mike Seaby 3,1 4 (playoff winner)
3. Carl Visser 4,even 4
4. Joel McEwen 5,even 5
5. Wah Phung-Lu 5,even 5
6. Andy Morissey 8,1 9
7. Kevin Grignon 10,4 14
8. Peter McKinnon 5,dnf dnf<P>Thanks again and see you next year!<P>Andrew <P>------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!<P>[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited February 10, 2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited February 11, 2002).]

Last edited by Brother Andre on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

Man, I knew I should've bought a few of those Mulligan's.....right Rod ???

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

I saw the piece on the NewRO. It featured the interview with Andrew, the playoff putting between Seaby and I, and Twirly talking about not being able to find his balls.

Great coverage though!

Nuthin beats Roc

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

Nobody wants to hear about Twirly and his lost balls.

Great time out there...Thank you to Dapper Don and the Brother for organizing. Even a whinner like me had a good time, despite the cold.

Great job guys and thanks again.
chowder

PS. Did we set the record for coldest ICE BOWL?

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

Dunno about the coldest Ice Bowl, yet (it was only -7, chowder ...)

So...how did I come off on The New RO? Could you see a lot of snot in my moustache? Was I believable as a TD? How about the green touque? I have to know these things for next year. MAKEUP!!

Andrew

p.s. $$$ and food totals are forthcoming...

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

HILLBERT
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

So Twirly did have balls at one point?
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

That's how the story goes.... apparently.

I've not done any in depth analysis, nor do I plan to do any, ever.

Bob Schlim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

As far as record for temperature goes make sure you give it to those Americans in Fahrenheit, I don't believe they have ever heard of the metric system.

Then again I don't think most of the club has heard of metric, they keep talking about ounces!

By the way, congradulations on the Ice Bowl it was a great time!

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

All of you who braved the weather last weekend helped to raise $450 for The Shepherds of Good Hope!

I am very pleased with that amount as I had no real clue how much we could raise. Now we can set a goal for Ottawa Ice Bowl 2003. I visited the Sheperds of Good Hope yesterday at lunchtime and saw where the money will go.

I started my tour at the soup kitchen area which was literally packed with people. Standing room only. Volunteers were preparing and serving the food to the people coming in. On an average day they serve meals to roughly 1500 people. They also give out bags f groceries to those in need from the basement. Some of their food is provided by The Ottawa Food Bank but most comes from other sources.

The money we raised is ear-marked for the "Outreach Program" which is located on the south side of Murray at King Edward. It is essentially a shelter for those whom other shelters will not take. Many of them are chronically mentallly ill. The money will be used for new paint and to beautify the place a bit (sorely needed).

It was an eye-opener, to be sure, visiting the Shepherds. We hear, see and read stuff in the media (and things like this), we see the gang asking for change at the lights but when you go in...dang...that's when the reality hits.

I am hopeful that next year we'll be able to increase the amount of money we can donate.

Thanks once again to all of you who played and made this donation possible. I appreciate it and so do those who work at The Shepherds and the Food Bank.

Andrew

Buck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

test....
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

I just received word that we collected roughly 100 pounds of food at Ice Bowl 2002. Excellent show, everybody!

For those keeping score that's $450 and 100 pounds of food given to The Shepherds of Good Hope and The Ottawa Food Bank.

Andrew

------------------

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

I found out from a colleague at work who volunteers at the shelter at The Shepherds of Good Hope that the common area where the clients eat and hang out has been beautified by the addition of paint and professional designs on the walls.

The workers and clients are very happy with it! It's all thanks to you who came out and raised the money back in February. Once again, thanks everyone!

Andrew

------------------

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited March 24, 2002).]

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

Seabass recently let me know that according to Disc Golf World Magazine, we were the second coldest Ice Bowl this year at a coldest temperature of -10. We were beaten only by...you guessed it...Winterpeg at -20.

Ottawa Ice Bowl II coming in February 2003...

Andrew

------------------

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002 Results Reply with quote

And we placed 33rd in the WORLD for $ and pounds of food raised. Did I mention that that is 33rd in the WORLD....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: