Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Matchplay Series #2 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Bush
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

im in
George Bush
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

im in
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

George - this is a continuation of an existing tournament. We're not looking for new participants at this time.

MPS-II Results:

Mike will be away for a little while and can't play before the deadline.

McEwen over McCormick (default)

...which set up the following "E" Match which will complete the Series for another two people:

Joel McEwen vs. Derek Manning

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Round "D" result

Simon Kaegi vs. Steve Selkirk
(Kaegi 4/3)

Simon is our first finalist and will play the winner of the Wormald/Visser match for 1st place. Steve will play for 3rd against whoever loses the Wormald/Visser match.

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Wormald is leaving for Hawaii in a week. I'm guessing the match play won't happen till mid August or later...
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Carl said last night at league play that he and Rob would be playing this weekend... Sunday, I believe.

P.S. Kudos to Jeff Meldrum, who beat us all with a single disc. His first shot with his virgin spider earned him a birdie, and the legend grows...

Graphical update of Match Play II: http://www.geocities.com/ottawadiscgolf/mps2.htm

Edit: URL

[This message has been edited by Don Lane (edited July 26, 2002).]

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Well after an up and down match and even after 18 holes, teabaggins and I went into a playoff which lasted 3 holes. The end result - Twirly up 1. Great match and great safari holes made up by the gallery.

Cheers

Nuthin beats Roc

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

AS THE FINAL DATE HAS NOW PASSED, THIS TOURNAMENT IS OFFICIALLY OVER.

All of the matches from the first four rounds were completed, along with half of the matches in the "E" round.

I will be available to pass out your winnings at the Fun Zone at the Ultimate Nationals daily starting on Wednesday at noon. I'll be there every day. If you havn't yet paid the $30 ENTRY FEE (read Luc) I'd appreciate finally receiving it.

If you have completed all five of your matches, I'll give you the posted amount of $. If you havn't finished your final match, I'll total the two amounts that were to be earned in that match and give you the average amount. If you'd like to donate your winnings to the Ottawa Disc Golf Club, please let me know by e-mail, and I'll give the $ to club president, Peter McKinnon. Thanks to Wah and Geoff, who are the latest to donate their winnings to the club.

The following 8 matches can be played for placings if you like, but as the tournament is now officially over, aces won't earn the Golden Ace Pool of $160, which will be given to the ODGC. Please send me any new results, and I'll update the results page.

e1 ROB WORMALD vs. SIMON KAEGI (for 1st)
e3 GAVIN THOMPSON vs. JEFF MELDRUM (for 5th)
e7 MIKE SEABY vs. KEN LANGE (for 13th)
e8 TOM O'BRIEN vs. MIKE HARLEY (for 15th)
e11 JOEL McEWEN vs. DEREK MANNING (for 21st)
e12 MIKE McCORMICK vs. LUC LANGELIER (for 23rd)
e14 JAMIE RUSSELL vs. STEVE SEABROOK (for 27th)
e16 NICK ROBERTS vs. JUSTIN CALOW (for the DFL Trophy)

Nick - your trophy will be waiting for ya in The Fun Zone.

Many thanks to all who participated.

~Don~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: