Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Matchplay Series #2 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:15 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

This is just a quick enquiry to see if there is enough interest to start another Matchplay Series this fall.

It will use the same format as initiated by Ken Darcovich, but will be expanded to 24 or 32 players, IF THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST.

It could start up during the first week of September, and would be a great leadup to the Ottawa Open which will be held at the end of the month.

Please sign up here in the forum and spread the word.

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

oops...removed...

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited August 21, 2001).]

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

I, Brother Andre, will play...if there is enough interest

Someone has to occupy last place so it may as well be me, yeah?

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!
...and I STILL can't birdie "The Orchard"...crap!

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 1:06 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

In addition to Andrew and myself, I've now had positive responses from the following disc golfers:

Peter McKinnon, Steve Ott, Rod Nicholls

Although this second Match Play Series is scheduled to start in early September, it need not be completed by the Plaid Jacket. The matches will be held roughly once per week, at the time of choosing of the involved players.

However, in order to kick start the Series, I hope that a majority of the players will be able to come out to the initial launch date, which will be determined in consultation with the players after some more people sign up.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:17 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Here is the latest update on the registered participants of Matchplay Series 2:

Kevin Grignon
Don Lane
Andrew Leach
Joel McEwen
Peter McKinnon
Jeff Meldrum
Rod Nicholls
Steve Ott
Rob Wormald

hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

How much Don?
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

$25 entry, with $20 from each entry going into the payout structure, and $5 going into an ace pool, which goes to the person landing the first ace in Match Play, otherwise, the Ace Pool money goes to the ODGC.

I'm designing a 24 and a 32 player format, but I'll go with the identical format of 16 if we do not get at least 24 confirmed players.

You can also add one more player to the list of Series 2 Competitors - Steve Seabrook.

Agmanchu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:33 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

hey
count me in too, please
this way Andrew doesn't have to be in last place

Nick

[This message has been edited by Agmanchu (edited August 23, 2001).]

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:43 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Aggy! Don't you be trying to steal last place from me, now. I've worked hard and I deserve it! Now bugger off, young'un and find your OWN last place to occupy...how about Monday night 4/3???

Andrew

------------------

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 2:28 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

We are now up to 14 players. If we get 24 or 32, the tournament price will bump up by another $5 due to the extra round, but if we get less than that magic number, the price will stay fixed at $25.

Here is the latest update:

Nicholas Aghajanian
Kevin Grignon
Don Lane
Andrew Leach
Joel McEwen
Peter McKinnon
Mike McCormick
Jeff Meldrum
Andy Morrisey
Rod Nicholls
Steve Ott
Steve Seabrook
Gavin Thompson
Rob Wormald

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:03 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

We now have 17 confirmed participants. Can we make it to 24?

Nicholas Aghajanian - Kevin Grignon - Don Lane - Andrew Leach - Dean Manning - Derek Manning - Luc Langelier - Joel McEwen - Peter McKinnon - Mike McCormick - Jeff Meldrum - Andy Morrisey - Rod Nicholls - Steve Ott - Steve Seabrook - Gavin Thompson - Rob Wormald

[This message has been edited by Don Lane (edited August 27, 2001).]

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:14 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

I'm in.

Nuthin beats Roc
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:52 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

I would like to see the payoff for the top half of the matchplay series be greater than the last matchplay. It ups the anti.

BTW, loved the last match play, it really improved the quality of play and I enjoyed every single round I played....
Thanks to Ken D for organizing. Good times.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:44 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

There will probably be more money at the top end of the scale, so winning that all-important first matchup will be all the more significant.

There are now 20 players signed up - only 4 more open spots!

Confirmed entries:

Nicholas Aghajanian – Kevin Grignon – Don Lane – Ken Lange – Luc Langelier – Andrew Leach – Dean Manning – Derek Manning – Mike McCormick – Joel McEwen – Peter McKinnon – Jeff Meldrum – Andy Morrisey – Rod Nicholls – Steve Ott – Steve Seabrook – Mike Seaby – Gavin Thompson – Carl Visser – Rob Wormald

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:28 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Other than Nick and Gavin, where are the ladies in the match play?

Andrew

------------------

edit: big teeth

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited August 27, 2001).]

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:11 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

...make that two entries left. John Kean and Greg Herage just signed up.

If I get a whole slew of entries overnight, we can make it a 32 person event. Otherwise, entries will be cutoff at Wednesday by noon and we will go with what we have.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:11 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

We now have 24. If we don't get to 32 by Wednesday at noon, we'll go with what we have.

What I would like now from the players is a few suggested starting dates & times. The participants in Series II are:

Nicholas Aghajanian – Kevin Grignon – Simon Kaegi – Greg Herage – John Kean – Don Lane – Ken Lange – Luc Langelier – Andrew Leach – Dean Manning – Derek Manning – Mike McCormick – Joel McEwen – Peter McKinnon – Jeff Meldrum – Andy Morrisey – Rod Nicholls – Steve Ott – Nick Roberts – Steve Seabrook – Mike Seaby – Gavin Thompson – Carl Visser – Rob Wormald

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:54 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

I've now received one more entry, that of Jamie Russell, who will be either on the bubble or the first of 8 to complete the field of 32, which is the ideal number of participants.

You have until Wednesday at noon, at which time the entries will close.

Please post some suggested starting times and dates in this Forum. Thanks guys!

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 10:36 am    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

Since I'll be out of the office this afternoon looking for gym space for this October and December (anyone know of a good basketball court sized facility in central Ottawa which would be available from 9-5 from a Wed-Sun?) and unable to reply, I can extend the deadline until tomorrow morning at 9 am, when I'll announce the format and possible starting times.

We now have 27 signed up, with the last three people: Jamie Russell, Tom O'Brien, and Wah Phung-Lu being on the bubble unless we get more 5 more participants before tomorrow morning.

Later!

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 12:55 pm    Post subject: Matchplay Series #2 Reply with quote

What's the hurry???
Could we not wait till we have enuff players to play the full 32?

Lots of Golf to be had before the snow flies....

golf-o-licious.

chowder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: