Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Signage on 10 and 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VictoriaBoy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Signage on 10 and 11 Reply with quote

Hey Ottawan/Gatineauans...

I'm just in Ottawa for a short time before returning to my hometown of Victoria. I recently played my first round at Cartier Park.

Playing a new course, solo, with only having quickly looked at the map at Hole 1, I had quite a bit of difficulty finding my way through the back holes 10 and 11. Most of the tee-offs and baskets are well-marked and mapped - but I got disoriented on these two, playing them entirely wrong and then going back and figuring it out. The baskets are poorly or mis-labelled and some of the maps and tee-offs are missing as well.

DG is big at home with many courses available. We've got lots of heavily forested/technical courses as opposed to the wide-open, gentrified type. In fact, some of my fave courses are unmarked, word-of-mouth ones - so who am I to start wanting maps and signs everywhere?!

It's just that I really enjoyed the rest of the course (and these holes once I figured them out) and it seems a shame that the course isn't accessible to total newbies who don't have a local to guide them.

I'll be back regularly in the next month to play the course (and whittle down my PB - my first round was a +5 on the yellow with a single bird on lucky 13.) If there's anything I can do to help with the signage, let me know.

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Signage on 10 and 11 Reply with quote

Here are a few links on the club's web site which might help you out:

Hole Descriptions & Map:
http://www.geocities.com/ottawadiscgolf/layout.html

Course Scorecard:
[url] http://www.geocities.com/ottawadiscgolf/scorecard.html[/url]

Both of the above links have the length of the holes from all three teepads.

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to add Hole 13b) on that scorecard too!

I'll be taking photos of all the holes from various positions this weekend, and I'll add it to the above mentioned sites.

I'm hoping one of our writing gurus can help out by descibing the holes from the various new teepads.

If you let us know in advance when you're next planning to be at the course, we can arrange for guides if you still need them.

Once we get a few more $$$ we'll have proper hole numbers listed on each basket. It must be a bit frustrating to see some of our mislabelled baskets, but we've experienced some vandalism/theft issues lately, and we just keep moving some of the older baskets around to compensate for our losses.

VictoriaBoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Signage on 10 and 11 Reply with quote

Thanks Big Joe...

I've given the map a good study and should be fine now. I also realize that my birdie was on 14, not 13!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: