Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Toronto Island course details...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slutpupy
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Toronto Island course details... Reply with quote

I'm heading out to TO next weekend and would like to get in a few rounds on the Island.

I've been looking for a web-site for the course but alas, I find nothing.

Can anyone tell me how to get there? And is there a course layout or signs at the tees there that I can follow? Anything else I should be awarre of (fees, times etc.)?

Many thanks,
slut

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Toronto Island course details... Reply with quote

Presently there is no website for the TO Island course.

Best directions...
Take the Don Valley Parkway and get off at Young St or the Air Canada Center exit.

From the Toronto Ferry Terminal take the Ward Island Ferry. Depart the ferry and walk west for 10 mins. Beside the Fire Station is Hole One. There is also a members board and map of the course.

Enjoy! its a fantastic course.

slutpupy
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Toronto Island course details... Reply with quote

Thanks very much!
Ian Thorpe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Toronto Island course details... Reply with quote

Hope you aren't coming here this weekend. The strike has stopped the ferries between downtown and the island. However, you should be able to get a water taxi.

There's another 27 hole course at Centennial Park in the west end. From downtown, take the Gardiner expressway west to 427, take Eglinton west exit. After about 3-4kms you'll see a sign for go kart racing. Turn left and park in the second parking spot on your left. The first tee is right there. No tee pads but look for the worn area.

slutpupy
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Toronto Island course details... Reply with quote

I'm heading out next weekend actually, but should the strike still be on, where does one get a water-taxi??

Thanks for the heads up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: