Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Freakin' Vandals!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Freakin' Vandals! Reply with quote

Frig! The sign for #11 and the tee pad (long) for #12 are now in the Maison after having been found away from their usual locations and the basket for #11 is bent right to the ground. That's right, BENT! Not pulled out, freakin' BENT!

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Freakin' Vandals! Reply with quote

Very demoalizing. The club is already low on cash and it looks like it could be another expensive season.

Any fundraising ideas?

BBface

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Freakin' Vandals! Reply with quote

$5 a scalp !
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Freakin' Vandals! Reply with quote

Membership drive! Membership drive! I`ll start chatting people up at the course (golfers, anyway) about becoming members...honest.

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Freakin' Vandals! Reply with quote

Membership drive is great but I think we need a faster influx of funds. Maybe we can set-up a fundraising event at NoBorders like the Hole-in-One Rob had at the Plaid Jacket.

[This message has been edited by Seabrook (edited June 24, 2002).]

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: Freakin' Vandals! Reply with quote

I was remiss in not communicating this earlier. I wanted to point out that when I played a round on Saturday morning, I noticed that the pole at Hole 11 was bent because the vandals were apparently trying to dislodge the concrete sleeve from the ground. The whole structure is now loose.

If we learned a lesson last year, Hole 6 was briefly in a similar state before being uprooted and stolen from the park.

So: WARNING !!!

Can someone in the Club organize some emergency concreting?!?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: