Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> 2002 Ice Bowl
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlamingoK
Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:05 pm    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

Occasional reader, first time poster...

Although I may not be plugged in to the local frisbee golf scene, I read of something called the Ice Bowl that you may already be aware of. Sounds like a good fundraiser, and a great time!
http://www.disclife.com/icebowl.shtml

Check it out!

Karlis

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 6:56 pm    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

Hey, neat-o!

I would be happy to help organize this fine event if others are into it, too. It does look kinda cool (no pun intended, of course).

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 10:22 am    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

We played in the snow last year. It was difficult to say the least. The only saving grace was the fact that there had been a slight rain which froze the top layer of snow and therefore the discs didn't drive down into the snow. Furthermore, the snow was deep and we played in snowshoes and Xcountry skis (also difficult but most amusing).

It would be difficult, but possible. I think that other leagues that hold an ICE BOWL don't enjoy the same geographical positioning relative to the snow belt that we do...

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:51 am    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

All the more reason to hold one.

We could lay claim to running the most hardcore Ice Bowl in the world!

The World Man! The World!

Will Ferrell

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 9:09 pm    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

Micky Roonie.... hmmm... SNL sketch. Gotcha.

They are no wimps in Ottawa. I say we go for it. What is your suggested date for the Ice Bowl?

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:55 pm    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

So...if this was actually scheduled, how many of you would actually show up and play in the snow (potentially) and cold (more likely)?

I'd be there. I beat Aggy bad enough when it's warm, might as well beat him when it's cold, too

Andrew

------------------

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited December 17, 2001).]

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 11:06 am    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

So how about January 26, 2002 or February 9, 2002?

I'm willing to put in the time here if people will come to play. Email me at brother_andre@hotmail.com with any comments, concerns, suggestions.

Suggestions for charities are also welcome (homeless shelters and food banks have been suggested and would be appropriate given the time of year).

Looking forward to hearing from people.

Andrew

------------------

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited December 18, 2001).]

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 2:26 pm    Post subject: 2002 Ice Bowl Reply with quote

I'm game for either of those Saturdays.

Both the Shepherds of Good Hope and the Salvation Army have locations along King Edward Avenue that many of us pass on the way to the course, so perhaps one of them would be a natural fit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: