Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Another Ace!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodsyowl
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:29 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

This is small news compared to yesterdays events. However, I just sunk my first ace on monday.

Hole 3, 15 km/hr crosswind, forehand, firebird 170, witness: Seabass and nothing but chain.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:55 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

nice work....just picked up the Firebird myself...

On another note, the course record was tied by the Twirl man yesterday. Minus 6 with two long puts (100 feet and 70 feet) for birdies....

Nice work Twirls

[This message has been edited by chowder (edited September 12, 2001).]

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:37 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

Isn't the course record -9?
hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:44 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

It is indeed Seabass. Unless Chowder was talking about the Canadian record for the course.
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:52 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

My bad, the Canadian record for the course was tied yesterday by the Twirler.
TWIRLY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

Hey Bass, little picky for a guy that can't drive pass the lady tee. What is you PB?

------------------

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:15 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

Touchy, touchy....
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:20 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

...or as those of us in the foiling community would say: Touché, Touché

Will Ferrell
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:49 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

I see this as a vicious attack when the truth is exposed. Twirl is desperate to have the PB on the course at least once in his life. Unlike Twirly at least I have owned the course record and it didn't need an asterisk beside it.

Pretty soon Twirly will be claiming the PD for "walking a dog and stopping for a quick one in the bushes".

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 12:37 pm    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

It's tough in there.

And the crowd out here is even tougher (especially those from the foiling community!)

johnyk
Taco Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 7:58 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

Looks like John Kean has joined the Ace Club.

On Saturday morning walking up to the 10th hole. He takes out his 175g hard magnet and throws straight over the Orchard. Ching...... What the hell was that??? OG says it is in the basket, of course I do not beleive him, until I see it sitting there.....
Wow

Witnesses: OG and Greg Herage

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:20 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

Shameless self promotion.
I love it.
Good on ya JK - welcome to the club.
OG
Tree Pruner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:31 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

Yup, I saw it. I'm surpised you waited until today to post it though! I thought it would've been up by noon on Saturday. Surely you called hags as soon as you got home!?
hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:46 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

No Freakin' way?!?! JK got an ace?! Congrats buddy! Too bad it wasn't during match play though...
woodsyowl
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:47 am    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

I guess Ottawa Golfers had good karma or something to that effect yesterday. I heard that there were two minus 7's and I got an ace on 10! Will wonders ever cease?!

For those who want to know the ace stats: occurred on my second round of the day, 172 gram elite Mr.V, and the witnesses – well, there were many!

That makes two so far this year. Is that a record in a year? (common guys, I need some claim to fame).

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:09 pm    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

In keeping of the tradition of shameless self promotion, yours truly drained his second ace on the new #14 yesterday. And I blame you Chowder for backing out on our match play, I could have used the money.

Witness's: Twirly & Manning

Nuthin beats Roc

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:10 pm    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

That's bullshit, I"m on the DL.

If you were playing the kid here, you would have been trembling in your booties and there's no way that you could have sunk that. I'll see you on the course Visser. Nice work by the way. Congrats.

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 7:34 pm    Post subject: Another Ace!!! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shaggy:
In keeping of the tradition of shameless self promotion, yours truly drained his second ace on the new #14 yesterday. And I blame you Chowder for backing out on our match play, I could have used the money.

mm hmmmm...could've used the money to buy a new Archangel? I guess you didn't like the first one as you ditched it on the fairway on #18. Was that the Ace disc?

If you'd like that one back, email me or give me a call. Oh yeah, if it was the Ace disc...it'll cost you...

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited October 04, 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: