Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:27 pm    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

I have last place LOCKED UP!

I dare anyone to take it from me!

Coincidentally, I am all for delegating some of the prize money for the "glad you participated" crowd.

hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

I think I just may have the key to UNLOCK last place and take it for myself!

Last place should definitely get something though, I agree with Mike.

Agmanchu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 3:50 pm    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

boy, all this competition for last place. it might just be the second most sought after spot. I'm afraid, though, gentlemen, that that honour will have to go to me. No one can match the piss-poor streak I've got going on the course. On the plus side, at least the mown grass will make those treed discs easier to find.
see you all out there

Nick

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:27 am    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

I was thinking about the differences between the levels of play for some of the pairings.

Maybe in the short run, some of the newer players will get their asses kicked but in the long run, being privy to players like Twirly or Meldrum will help improve the games of all those involved.

So don't worry too much about being DFL. Worry about learning, asking questions, and improving your own game. The rest will sort itself out.

Good times last night, thanks to Dapper Don Lane for organizing.

chowd

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:05 am    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

I'm still shopping for the ideal DFL Trophy. It will be something made of wood that must be signed and placed in a place of honour until the next Match Play Series, when they can present it to the next guy who places DFL.

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:18 am    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

Originally posted by Mike Harley:
quote:
I have last place LOCKED UP!

Did my post-round email lie to me or did you win last night, Mike? I guess I am STILL in line for DFL (thanks to Wah).

Only four more losses to go before DFL is mine...all mine...

Can't do anything but learn from here on in...Woo hoo!

I'll add my thanks to Don and the whole package he put together for us. Nice job.

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!
...and I STILL can't birdie "The Orchard"...crap!

Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:20 am    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

I squeeked in a victory last night so I am out of the running for DFL. Good luck in your quest. May you do better then I.
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:05 am    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

I think I've found the ideal DFL Trophy - it will be the Ghanese God of Good Golfing, and is bound to bring you good luck for the next Match Play Series and beyond. If anyone cares to donate an ugly swill disc for the base, it would be gladly accepted... otherwise I've finally found a use for my Valkyrie!

Here are the upcoming Round "A" and "B" Matches, along with their current city rankings:

Round "A"

Ken Lange (#15) vs Dean Manning (#1Cool
Justin Calow (UR) vs Peter McKinnon (#26)
Derek Manning (#3Cool vs Steve Selkirk (#13)

Round "B"

Carl Visser (#14) vs Tom O'Brien (#21)
Wah Phung-Lu (#2Cool vs Andy Morrisey (#4)
Mike Seaby (#21) vs Rob Wormald (#5)
Gavin Thompson (#25) vs Steve Ott (#29)
Mike Harley (#50) vs Simon Kaegi (#10)
W- Lange/Manning vs Steve Penny (#9)

Roberts (#66) vs McEwen (#16)
Leach (#42) vs Russell (#3Cool
Haggerty (#3Cool vs Kean (#3Cool
Nicholls (#36) vs McCormick (#61)
Grignon (#20) vs Herage (#46)
Langelier (UR) vs Aghajanian (#47)
L- Lange/Manning vs Seabrook (#7)

Current Ranking: http://www.geocities.com/ottawadiscgolf/nat-capital-ranking.html

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

#42 and headed for #66 with a Banshee! Watch out Nick!

Andrew

------------------
...and I STILL can't birdie "The Orchard"...crap!

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited September 10, 2001).]

hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:34 pm    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

Well I said I'd post it so here goes:

Kean defeated Haggerty tonight 3/2 and managed to move his personal best to -1 at the same time! I like to think I had a hand in pushing him to do better but who knows...

Hags (Still in the running for DFL)

Oh and by the way...if anyone happens to be looking in the bushes to the right of 16, I 'misplaced' my JLS tonight...

[This message has been edited by hags (edited September 10, 2001).]

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:30 pm    Post subject: Matchplay #2, let the trash talking begin! Reply with quote

Brother Andre...sadly out of the running for DFL...carry on, boys and good luck!

*sigh*

Andrew

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: