Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> They mowed the back 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 11:46 am    Post subject: They mowed the back 8 Reply with quote

It's very clear back there. Some of your favourite trees are gone. They went over the place with a tank, clearing everything, including a lot of sod.
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:13 pm    Post subject: They mowed the back 8 Reply with quote

SEAL in French!!!

Will Ferrell
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:22 pm    Post subject: They mowed the back 8 Reply with quote

Which holes got radically changed? Last time they gave the park 'The Borg Treatment,' they scooped up one of the grottos near Hole 2, which changed the hole a bit.

I don't mind natural changes like new trees growing up in the fairway, but tank attacks aren't cool.

johnyk
Taco Chef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:24 pm    Post subject: They mowed the back 8 Reply with quote

Cool for us Sucky people!
Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:36 pm    Post subject: They mowed the back 8 Reply with quote

I only played the back 8. All long grass is gone from hole 9, 12, 13 and 14.

Hole #13 looks wide open even for a bad fade to the left. Some of the brushes and trees I thought would be too big to cut are gone.

The turf is ripped up in a number of places.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 9:09 am    Post subject: They mowed the back 8 Reply with quote

It's not too bad out there. The playing field is widened, and it's harder to lose a disc now.

There is some turf that is torn up, but it will heal.

However - we have a new problem - the sign for Hole #14 is now missing. I think it was there when I played a round with Scott-S, but when I played my next round with Nick-A, it was gone!

However, they were kind enough to leave the bolts & nuts this time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: