Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Where to buy?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunkyWalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:43 am    Post subject: Where to buy? Reply with quote

Where I pick up a set of golf discs in town? What should I pick up as an all-around set for a beginner?

Thanks,

Funky

Buck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:44 am    Post subject: Where to buy? Reply with quote

CD Exchange, on Rideau or at Huntclub and Bank.

Being a disc golf newbie myself, I would get one of each (driver, mid-range and putter).

Good Luck, see ya out there...

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:55 am    Post subject: Where to buy? Reply with quote

A good beginner set would be...

XL - good first driver
Stratus - good approach disc that will go right with a little hyzer
Putter - Aviar, Rubber Putter, Magnet. These are all good putters to start with.

If Rob Wormald (owner of CDExchange) is around he can certainly help with disc selection.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:56 am    Post subject: Where to buy? Reply with quote

Yo, funky

If you would like a recommendation as to what discs you should buy, I would suggest an Aviar (putter) and a Stratus (driver).

Both of these discs are similar to Ulti discs and are the easiest to learn with.

Go to the CD Exchange on Rideau St. and ask for Rob... he's my roomate and one of Ottawa's better golfers. He'll be happy to help you out.

Happy golfing.

Chowder

FunkyWalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:17 pm    Post subject: Where to buy? Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! The set is a gift but maybe I'll pick a set up for myself too

Cheers,

Funky

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:37 pm    Post subject: Where to buy? Reply with quote

I swear by my mid-range Roc. The new KC Pro plastic model will last longer, but the original model is still oh, so sweet.

It reliably does what you want when you want it to perform, which is what a go-to disc is supposed to do. It's highly recommended as a mid-range disc.

Buy the discs in colours that would be easy to find when they're lost in the overgrowth or under leaves. If they come with a reflective pattern, consider it an insurance bonus, 'cause they'll be easier to find.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: