Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> media feeding frenzy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter McK
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:41 pm    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

Just got a call from CFRA, which plans to do a telephone interview with me about d.g. Wednesday, August 15th at 5:40 pm. Arrange your lives accordingly.

I'll plug the clinics, CD Exchange, and the virtues of aggressive putting.

Media coverage begets media coverage. The interview will take place during the coveted "drive-time" spot, and should help raise the profile of d.g. a smidgen.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:10 pm    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

Lets hear it for aggressive putting.
HoosierDaddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:38 pm    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

Pete, this month in Maximum Golf, they are raving about disc golf. Here's the beginning of the piece.
You bombed your drive 330 and then shaped a shot around a tree to a target you could barely see. Now comes the pay-off: a putt that hits home with a satisfying CLACKA-CHING !!!
Nice work

Steve Boxma

------------------
HD
South of the Sod
hoosierdaddy@sprint.ca

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:11 pm    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

This is becoming a serious concern for me and other Disc Gold enthusiasts. If this sport becomes too popular, we will have to start booking tee times.

That course at UPInc is looking better all the time.

[This message has been edited by Seabrook (edited August 14, 2001).]

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 8:57 am    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

Does anyone know the station call #'s for CFRA?

I listen to a lot of stations, but that isn't one of them...

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:11 am    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

The frenzy continues.

In today's Citizen (August 15), on page A5,
there is an article about Sea Bass.

Buck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:29 am    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Big Joe Mufferaw:
Does anyone know the station call #'s for CFRA?

580 on your AM dial....

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:09 am    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

Thanks for the AM dial translation.... that would be the All-Lowell Green, all-the-time station.

I never cared much for old Slowell, the Prophet of the Great Unwashed, but I'll listen this afternoon.

As for Ken's O'Citizen reference, would the Seabass article be the "I expected her to slap me" article or the one about "...share blame for native abuse"?

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:18 am    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

None of the above Don, it is the article about Sea Bass.
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:40 am    Post subject: media feeding frenzy Reply with quote

I must have the Seabass-censored version of the Citizen. Do they have multiple-versions anymore (early/late edition)? My page A5 had a * alongside today's date if that means anything...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: