Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Holá de Bahía Blanca
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:38 pm    Post subject: Holá de Bahía Blanca Reply with quote

I´m in wintry Bahía Blanca, Argentina, in a 2 pesos/hr internet arcade, and see that according to open forum, it´s been a busy week back at JC. Congrats to Señor Selkirk, and good work on restoring the 3rd basket. I guess I had to leave the country before Andy and Rob finally could play their match. Congrats to Andy for moving on to the finals.

Of course there is no disc golf here, but I brought a few drivers just to practice with. This morning in a fresh 0C I found a big suburban boulevard with a 100 m wide parkland median, perfect for practice. Did about 3 km with an XS and an X2 en route to the conference I´m attending. The spectators consisted of children on the way to school whose view of what I was doing was akin to seeing a space alien. Otherwise, only a few stray dogs and one horse.

This country is for carnivores only. Looking forward to my kilo of steak tonight. Vegetarians are viewed with a kind of curious sympathy, like they have some kind of unfortunate medical condition. Restaurants don´t open until 9 pm, so now it´s time to crack open some vino tinto and wait for dinner.

Looking forward to getting back to baskets and chains.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:44 pm    Post subject: Holá de Bahía Blanca Reply with quote

Were you carring your own discs or did the NRC pick up the Caddy's tab as well?
chowder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: