Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Garbage on the Course. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 2:47 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

On my lunch round today, I noticed significant amounts of garbage around the course. Most of it is likely from non golfers however, there were some items that looked as if they came directly from golfers..... for example a Heiniken 'Keg Can' on 8 and a Tim Horton's cup on the pad on 1... if we, as Chuck so intelligently suggested during the round, each picked up a little morsel of garbage that would make a world of difference.

thank you all.

chowder

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 2:49 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Great minds think alike.

Will Ferrell
BBface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 3:08 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Might have been leftovers from Canada...however a good idea to clean up.

BTW - call me for lunch round...I can see the course from my office !

hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 3:11 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

I didn't know the face was a disc golfer! Count me in for that lunch time round next time too!

Hags

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Love the lunch round. Really breaks up the day.... will do. chowder
Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 8:48 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

And for the barefoot players, heads up on #2. I found a broken beer bottle there Monday and cleaned up best I could, but who knows how many of those are lying around.

Have a happy day!

Nuthin beats Roc

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Saw another one near the fringe on the north side of the fairway on #2, half way down the fairway.... if I am there tonight will pick up...chowder
Naked Flamingo
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 8:14 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

So there I am doing my part tonight picking up garbage. I stroll over to the garbage can close to the maison de velo and I realize I don't look like a smug-do-gooder, rather like someone whose been drinking in the park!

No more picking up beer cans for me! I stick to the plastic stuff and whatever else I can find that wasn"t the product of two men's love for one another.

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:55 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Gavin,

Perhaps you didn't read the earlier posts carefully enough. They were regarding cleaning up the disc golf course, not the grottos...

clad in plaid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 7:18 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 9:43 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Gav,
if you want to clean the grotto's don't be shy... and don't let those guys hanging around in there dissuade you from your environmental initiatives.

You playin tonight? I think there will be a good crew out there this eve.
chowder
ps, thanks for the challenge on the OCUA forum.....

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 10:02 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

The place is already looking much better.

FF, looking like you had been drinking in the park is not so bad.

I was walking towards a group of people when I realized it must have looked like I had downed a whole litre of yogurt and a large coke from Burger King.

As for what they thought about my carrying the discarded jockey's of some torrid love affair on the end of a six foot stick, well I can only imagine....

Will Ferrell

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:10 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Chuck,
that sounded terrible.
although, congrats on your 6 foot stick.
chowder
Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:15 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Have to agree with Chowder, this all sounds terrible, who knew the stank of internet trash talk could make me queasy! Oh yeah not to worry Gavin you'll always be a smug-do-gooder to us.
DFB
Naked Flamingo
Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:23 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

I picked up a broken beer bottle on #2 yesterday. I think I got all the glass, but it is tough to tell. Barefoot players beware!

Funny how I'm happier having the pervs around than having people party there on Canada Day

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 9:50 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Yes...Funny...

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:52 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Bass,
Found some of your garbage on 16. White Stingray. You can have it back post tourney...

Will Ferrell
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:09 pm    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Bass, you throwin swill agin?
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 1:09 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Great disc! Tossed it in the water on #3 and it reappears on #16.
Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 8:58 am    Post subject: Garbage on the Course. Reply with quote

Sure Bass it's a magical frisbee...swims, walks and flys.
DFB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: