Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Swill retrieval report part deux Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 10:19 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Hags,
met a guy at UPInc last night, who found your stratus that you swilled one late eve on the course.

I got it, its in my GAIA bag and coming to practice tonight.

chowderific

hags
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 10:26 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

SWEET!!! I was hoping to find that before Sunday...
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 10:18 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

hags,
sorry that I couldn't bring you the stratus last night. groin issues, too much wear and tear. will be around the course on Saturday..... and sunday.

chowder

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 4:19 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Found a disc in a tree that obviously never made it around the corner on 8 (or you crushed the nuts out of it on 7).

Said disc has no name and/or number. If it be yours, and you can tell me the make and colour, you can have it back.

Will Ferrell

Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 8:34 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

I am in possesion of some swill from #14 with the intials MB - who are U?
DFB
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 8:47 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Mr. Row-Grotto,

Although your publically responsible disc-returning gestures are acknowledged and should be commended, it is interesting that you should be patrolling in that particular spot?!?! Why would the phrase "crushed the nuts" come to mind in connection with this?!?!

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 9:27 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Not sure why I used "Crushed the Nuts".

Perhaps it was a channeled psychic prediction as to the outcome of the Flamingo/Nuts match up last night.

Will Ferrell

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 9:43 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

to quote Richard Dawson:

"Good answer! Good answer!"

Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 10:23 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Good answer indeed from Mr Row Grotto but don't let the silver tongue fool you, I happen to have heard him ask for extra crushed nuts on sundae before
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 10:46 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

It's bad enuff that we (nuts) are taking it in the U-NO-Where on the Ulti OF, now we're gettin' it from Mr. Row Grotto on the Golf OF as well!!!

PAB.
chowder

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 10:54 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

This all pecan so innocently.

Who almond you has never been in the Grotto? Be warned Darc and DFB, if I cashew in the woods I walnut allow you to live it down.

I pine for simpler times. When we were all still young and innocent. Like that puppet in the movies, Pistachio

Will Ferrell

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Your eyes are brown Chuck.
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 4:48 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

I'd say the colour is closer to hazelnut...

Will Ferrell

johnyk
Taco Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 9:56 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

I was out playing a round this evening. I met a fellow on the course that asked me how much the disc's are. He said he went out snorkling 3 times around hole 3 by the tree, and found 22, 15 and 4 respectively. He mentioned that some have names and some don't and would sell them. I told him to go to CD Exchange and give the Disc to them.
I was surprised to hear that there were 40 some disc in the DRINK. I believe he is going to try to sell them to CD Exchange or something.
Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 9:10 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

I say piss on this clown!! We have one of the only courses where people still return lost plastic. You don't believe me ask anyone who plays a different course. Buy these back and it's setting a precedent for any other lost discs - be it on terra firma or hydra. You lost them and that's part of the game, believe me I know, so just let it go and tell this guy to shove it if he won't return them.
DFB
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 3:14 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

There is a white JLS of mine on the loose somewhere in JC. Good chance that caddie simply absent mindedly fumbled it. It has a map of Texas logo, and I think it might be the only one of my many discs that I didn't write my name and number on. Would love to get it back.

Thanks.

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 6:20 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Dog Face Boy wrote:

quote:
We have one of the only courses where people still return lost plastic. You don't believe me ask anyone who plays a different course.

Being new to this DG thang, are you saying that in other places if you *ahem* misplace your discs, you may never see them again? Do people just add them to their golf bag? I just thought that returning someone else`s disc was just the thing to do...y`know, like SOTG in Ultimate. That`s disappointing...

I will still return any swill I find.

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited June 23, 2001).]

Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:31 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Claus - check out the maison they have an orangey "Ace Race" disc with your signature.
DFB
BBface

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:35 am    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm - Don't you think this guy deserves something in return for retreiving your drink bound swilly throws while he glows green at night from the oh so clean river ?

Maybe something like a couple bucks for an identified disc and 1/2 price for unmarked ones ?

John C Holmes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:31 pm    Post subject: Swill retrieval report part deux Reply with quote

There is an inherent benefit to retrieving lost plastic. You will find discs occasionally with no identifying marks on them. Congratulations, your bag just got heavier after a round, not lighter. However, if a disc is well marked, it was done so for a reason. People want their plastic back if possible. Which raises the question, is the disc diving dork marking his discs? Does he ever expect to get his own back if they go missing? If not, then to hell with him. He’ll eventually throw our plastic back into the water and we will get them back from someone like Selkirk, who has been known to go swimming from time to time. I hear he’s got webbed feet.

If we give in and buy our plastic back, it sets a precedent. A very dangerous precedent. It was already mentioned in this strand that we are known as a golf group who returns plastic. I think that is just great. If anyone shells out cash to get his or her plastic back then we have lost. So for your own sake and the sake of the Ottawa Disc Golf Club, don’t give in.

John Holmes says no cash for used rubbers… er, plastic.

------------------
JH
________
OO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: