Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> The Long and the Short
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:16 am    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

Met with the good people hired to coiffe the overgrown holes this morning. Walked the course with the young agronomer operating the Kubota and his sidekick wielding the circular-saw-blade weed whacker. They were quite enthusiastic about the task at hand.

They do, and have done, good work.

Congratulations to Peter on his diplomacy and problem solving skills. The JCP 18 has just risen to a new level.

y'all won't believe your eyes.

Game on!

Will Ferrell

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:23 am    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

I would also like to extend my kudoes to Peter for his diplomacy skills.... and to Chuck for being such a good walker.

I love hole number two and it's been killing me lately.

I wonder if any swill discs lost on #2 got shredded in the cutting process???

Good luck and god speed.

chowder

Mike Hall Jones
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:48 am    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

Did they chop my Eagle in half?

Decent drive on #2, watched it land, went to the spot (a little short of the log on the left) looked for 20 minutes in that waist high stuff, no luck

Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:56 am    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

I also lost a nice purple driver that Done Lane gave me on hole #2. Unfortunately I didn't have time to put my name on it
Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:01 am    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

That's what they all say, Harley... Next time pick a more common color than purple though...
Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:13 am    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

I'm new to disc golf. For information purposes only, what would a more common colour be?

Oh. I have 7 witnesses for my lost swill.

We had a bad 2 holes. Our party of 8 lost
two discs on hole #2 and 2 on #3. That's what we get for starting on the back 9 and playing these two holes in the dark.

[This message has been edited by Mike Harley (edited June 27, 2001).]

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 2:11 pm    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

So I went back out at lunch to see how things had progressed and was able to offer the master whacker some more direction as he started on 2&3.

Playing this morning and then again at lunch was grueling, but if it is for the good of the course...

Anyways, this is a pre-emptive move to inform all of you that he may not get the grass on two finished today so don't all go flying off the handle about the shoddy fairway. If he can't get it done today, he will be back tomorrow.

Will Ferrell

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

Nice work Chuck.
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 3:14 pm    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Actually it was a swirly purple & red designed X-Clone. I guess I should have mentioned how far left it flies... and it's thus not a great choice to be launched on Hole #2.

If anyone finds it, please mark Mike Harley's name on it so that it can find its way back into his hands. Thanx!

Mike Harley
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 3:18 pm    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

Actually it was a good throw. It landed middle in the fairway. Unfortunately the grass was too long and it was getting too dark.

Thanks again for the disc.

Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 4:05 pm    Post subject: The Long and the Short Reply with quote

Greens and new fairways baby!!!! Also played the new grass with Chuck today and can only say good things. We're gunning for a 6:15 tee off for mass tags match - it'll rain just enough to cool it off. Come on down if you're not stuck playing ulti.
DFB

[This message has been edited by Dog Face Boy (edited June 27, 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: