Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 9:51 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

The final disc golf tournament of the season, The Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge, is coming up soon. It will be held on Saturday, October 14th, which is two weeks after the Plaid Jacket.

This team tournament was well enjoyed by last year's participants, and promises to be even better this year. The format will be three rounds of golf, with distinct formats on each round. All teams will consist of three golfers, so sign up your teams early in order to secure your place in the tournament.

Full information is at the tournament website. You can also sign up here on the OCUA Disc Golf Forum (let the boasting and trash talking begin).

The format will include longest drive and closest to the pin competitions, along with the strategic Skills Competition, which changed the course of last year's finalists. All kinds of prizes are available, and it should be a fun day of competition for everyone.

If you have yet to find a team, sign up as an individual, and you will be assigned to a team at or before the tournament.

Seek the chains!

Don Lane
Tournament Director

Tournament Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/ottawadiscgolf/treeoh2000.html

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 9:25 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

One more week to go, and the slagging is due to start.

Will Highier and Mightier return to recapture their title as Ottawa's finest threesome or will some of the stars from our recent Plaid Jacket get together to push them aside.

I'm accepting registrations of singles and duos, and I can put you in touch with each other so that you can form complete teams of three.

Let the slagging and bragging begin!

Mike Hall Jones
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 11:25 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

Hey Don!
Gotta question:

Last year, the rounds were scramble format from best drive, scramble format from worst drive and best score per hole of your team.

Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff, but is this year's format best drive for every round? If so, then I should probably go down with an injury and find someone else who can putt. We've got driving up the yin-yan.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 8:29 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

No need for an injury - the format of the three rounds will be identical to that of last year.

Similarly the Skills Competition, where you guys did particularly well last year, will again feature three skills, only one of which is for big arms.

I guess you'll have to decide on the day which of your Big Arms to put into that Skill Competition, and who you'll put in the Putting field or the nasty mid-range Skill Competition.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 7:23 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

Many thanks to all those who came out to the tournament this year. The rain did it's thing early in the day, but after a light drizzle for a couple of holes, the rest of the tournament enjoyed great weather with very little wind.

The Skills Competition once again played a major role in how the teams turned out, with the Recently Unemployed Piano Movers (man, you guys are making it hard for me to get that long name engraved on the plaque) going from a two point deficit behind the early leaders from the KGB to a three point lead with stellar performances from all three
of the Unemployable golfers. Ken Lange won the mid-range competition, while teammates MHJ and Sean Green placed second each in the Big Arm and Putting competitions.

Each round had a different format, with the first round using a team-chosen Best Drive, the second round having a distance-from-the-target chosen worst drive, while the final round was a scramble. During the first two rounds, each team member had to use four drives each per round, while in the third round, each team member had to use their own personal results from four of the twelve holes.

RESULTS BY ROUND:

1 2 SC 3 TTL
1. R.U.P.M. -3 +1 -1 -1 -4
2. H.A.M. -3 +1 +2 -2 -2
3. K.G.B. -3 -1 +4 0 0
4. S.T.D. -2 +1 +2 +1 +2
5. CHEAT2WIN +3 +3 +6 +5 +17
6. C.F.B.I. +4 +7 +5 +4 +20

SKILLS COMPETITION:

Winners of each Skill Competition earned a Birdie Score for their team, while 2nd place earned a Par result, and 3rd place earned a Bogie +1 score. All others earned a big +2 to their team's total score.

BIG ARM:

1. Carl Visser, Higher and Mightier
2. Mike Hall-Jones, Recently Unemployed Piano Movers
3. Steve Seabrook!!!, S.T.D.
4. Ken Darcovich, Kevin Haggerty, Scott Shailer

MID-RANGE:

1. Ken Lange, Recently Unemployed Piano Movers
2. Bonnie Seshadri, K.G.B.
3. John Keane, Canadian F.B.I.
4. Don Lane, Jeff Meldrum, Scott Shailer

PUTTING:

1. Tom O'Brien, S.T.D. We Deliver
2. Sean Green, Recently Unemployed Piano Movers
3. Rob Wormald, Higher and Mightier
4. Greg Harage, Grant Lawson, Carlos Vidosa

Overall Results:

1. Recently Unemployed Piano Movers
   (Sean Green, Mike Hall-Jones, Ken Lange)

2. Higher and Mightier
   (Jeff Meldrum, Carl Visser, Rob Wormald)

3. K.G.B.
   (Ken Darcovich, Grant Lawson, Bonnie Seshadri)

4. S.T.D. We Deliver
   (Don Lane, Tom O'Brien, Steve Selkirk)

5. Cheat to Win
   (Nick Roberts, Scott Shailer, Carlos Vidosa)

6. Canadian F.B.I.
   (Kevin Haggerty, Greg Herage, John Keane)

Next year we'll host it in prime season and I think we'll get a bigger turnout.

'til next year, keep those chains chinging!

~Don Lane~
TD, Tree-Oh Challenge

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 7:55 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

LOST AND FOUND

1 jacket at the Tree-Oh, left behind in the tournament tent.

If you lost one and can identify it, the two of you will be soon reunited.

FOUND AND LOST

Little Wheel's Game. I gave it to Tom, who rocked in the putting competition. He then threw it away 'cause it smelled funny.

Mike Hall Jones
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 7:46 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

Uhhh...that's my jacket Don...totally forgot.

Thanks for the tourny, I love the format! I really enjoy the strategy involved.

Seabrook came third in the big arm competition? Zounds! Kudos, Seabass...I'm impressed! Must have been all the slagging you took all day, you obviously throw harder when insulted! Cheer up...squeeze that cow!

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 8:47 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

What is the big surprise? I'm quietly the top player in the city, I prefer to keep a low profile.

MikeHJ that is a second for you again in Big Arm? Last year it was the "I was beaten by a roller" excuse, what is the excuse this year?

Mike Hall Jones
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 9:29 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

I was beaten by the width of a disc. If all throws had been counted, however, I'd have taken second and third leaving your best effort out of the medals.
Quietly the top player in the city? That's pretty quiet. Quietly finishing in the middle of the pack at the Plaid, quietly coming in the bottom half at the Tree-Oh, silence is golden I guess Smile
Still, taking down Darko in the big arm is quite an accomplishment. And to think you didn't even lose a disc trying!

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 11:51 am    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

Uh, you might want to check your overall results. You have me down on the fourth place team. It would be nice to think I could get fourth place without even showing up, but it's not the case.

And as if I'd play on a team with a no game wanker like.....Ah, that's too easy.

Just the facts please,
LW.

SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 12:17 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

Just the facts please. Come on LW, you can't leave yourself that open.

LW played for JSC last year and came in 5th 10 strokes behind...Ah, thats too easy

LW came in last in the mid-range comp last year behind...Ah, thats too easy

LW came in 11th at the Plaid behind (do I really need to list off the names LW or will cause more undo stress...

Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 1:16 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

ouch. I enjoy slagging Wheels as mush as the next guy, but hasn't he had enough for his abysmal showing in the Jacket? Must we remind him on such a constaint basis of the swill that he threw? Is it really necessary to continually bring up how badly he must have choked, considering the amount of spray that he spewed?
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 1:59 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

What's your PB SeaBass?
Broken even yet?

Those were two days worth of golf SeaBass. Give it a rest, you're worse than a has been. You're a never was, never gonna be.

SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 2:46 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

Ouch! Feeling a little bitter there LW? Need to relieve some stress?

You should come out and play a round or have you run out of discs again?

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 2:53 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Ottawa Tree-Oh Challenge Reply with quote

D'oh! Too many Steves...

4. S.T.D. We Deliver
(Don Lane, Tom O'Brien, Steve SEABROOK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: