Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Plaid Jacket predictions Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:32 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Predictions anyone? Time to dust off the crystal ball.

My guess is that Carl (Shaggy) Visser opens the tournament up with a first round course record of -6.

However, I think he throws two discs in the water on round 2, chokes and ends up tied for eleventh, keeping him off the leaderboard.

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:38 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Will there be drug testing this year?

Will Ferrell
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:41 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Yeah, but I think it's going to be multiple choice!
Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:35 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Okay, I think we all know that Carl "cumshot" Visser has blown his load with that ace and won't be able to go the distance... (of course, he'll probably finish ahead of me... wink

So who is in the running? I've had the pleasure of playing a couple of rounds with Jeff, and he's looking like he's in pretty fine form... although he's really gotta get a new handle... "Chuck Shick"? What's up with that?

Darco and Claus are both still looking pretty good, but it's hard to play 36 holes with baby carriages, so I don't know. I'm sure Seabrook will talk up a good game, but we all know he'll be lucky to hit the top ten leader board.

But really, the key, as always, will be consistency. I haven't been out on the course enough (I'm still in single digits for number of rounds this year) to know who's been showing it....

Cheers!

Ken

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:38 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Chuck Shick had a bit part in Caddyshack, very small role.

Kinda like the really small role Meldrum plays in Ottawa Disc Golf!

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:47 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Quiet, but effective.

Will Ferrell

Naked Flamingo
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 12:03 pm    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I haven't decided if I'm going to walk all over the Ultrastar division or if I'm going to lace up and join the big boys.

Now that I have a driver and a putter, it should take me about 2 or 3 rounds to climb to the elite ranks of this sport, just like I did with Ultimate.

I guess if I win Plaid Jacket I will have to give up my amateur status which means I won't get all those 4s counting as pars!

NF.

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 12:35 pm    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Yeah, if you ever did win the coveted plaid jacket we'd be forced to throw one of those orange triangles on the back, the kind they put on tractors to indicate a slow moving vehicle....
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:05 pm    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

L'ilWheels: Are we an eco-friendly course or can we pull a few Caddyshack tricks with strategically placed explosive devices? No more disc-eating gophers for errant golfers.

Too bad the Caddyshack O-Henry trick won't work. The local sickos would just eat it up.

Naked 'ingo: You might as well use an aerobie on the course, 'cause your discs cling to trees just the same! Besides, you could use the distance.

Naked Flamingo
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:00 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I almost perfected my between the legs putting last night. Once I nail that this sport is mine!
NF

TOEJAM
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:24 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Ah yes, one man's masturbation is another man's between the legs putting.

Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 5:30 pm    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I think Twirly is going to have the tournament of his life and take the jacket with brilliant and gutsy play around the water.

that is, if you guys can stop trash talking long enough to play. yer all lucky you won't have to deal with me....

SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 7:42 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Two days to go what does the crystal ball show us...

Little Wheels going strong in the first round but his putting falls apart and ends up tied with Cougar Pines.

Rob does have the game of his life but decides to leave early to catch happy hour at Barbra's.

More predictions to come as soon as I clean the crystal ball after breathing heavy on it.

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:19 pm    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I have a feeling that SeaBass will lose his free disc before the end of the day.

That's a no brainer.

L.W.

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 9:59 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Boy, pretty quite here today. Everybody must be preparing for the big day. I guess the field can't handle the shit talk so close to tee off time.

Nuthin beats Roc
SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:10 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Sorry I've been with my doctor making sure all my masking agents are in place. That nandrolone injection just might show up on the tests if I'm not careful.
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:11 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I plan to go and throw 24 at about 7 tomorrow morning.

Any bets on wether or not Chowder pukes pre-tee off?

Will Ferrell

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:13 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

Yeah, it is eerily quiet in hear today. Thanks for breaking the ice Shaggy. I'm ready to go.

My last three rounds have all been -1. Did it back to back on Tues. and a single round last night.

But I think the winner will post better numbers than that. I'm thinking -4 or better will take the tourney.

W.

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:15 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I think Chowder started puking a couple days ago. He's planning on getting up three hours before tee-off to chug some Pepto.

W.

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:26 am    Post subject: Plaid Jacket predictions Reply with quote

I am in the final stage of my preparation regime. Played yesterday, bringing the total to 84 holes for 5 days.

Soaked the arm in salts, did some arm yoga and then placed it inside a hard-shelled protective fleece lined case.

Tomorrow at registration, I will remove the case and place the arm in a long silk armsock until tee-off.

Will Ferrell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: