Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2000 10:37 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

The 3rd annual Plaid Jacket Disc Golf Tourney

The most anticipated disc event in Ottawa is coming up again and everyone is cordially invited to attend the annual Plaid Jacket. This year the event will take place at Jacques Cartier Park on our permanent 12 hole course. Three rounds for the open division, two rounds for the women’s division and two rounds for the ultrastar division.

As usual there will be a BBQ, closest to the pin, longest drive and new this year the Ring of Fire! Expect the number of prizes to be way up this year!!! The format for the tournament is a shotgun start so please don’t be late.

Cost: $30/person
Date: Saturday, September 30
Time: Registration closes at 9:30am tee off is at 10:00am
Place: Jacques Cartier Park
Players Central will be located near the Maison de Velo.

Divisions:
Open Division
Women’s division
Ultrastar division

Come on out to see who shall take home the coveted Plaid Jacket!

For more information and to register please contact Steve Seabrook sseabrook@sympatico.ca

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:08 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Hey SeaBass, just in case you're going jacket shopping this week, I'm a 42 regular.
Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:24 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Ya Wheels he's picking your jacket up at the RO. It's white with lots of shiny buckles.

Nuthin beats Roc
SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 9:48 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Just wanted to bring the post to the top again. Thanx, SeaBass
Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 9:52 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

To bad you can just post a reply to bring your golf game back to the top!

Nuthin beats Roc
Jebus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 10:06 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

To the one call Seabass,

I am a simpler man from an antiquated age. Upon my victory at your discus contest I would require a vestment resembling a robe. I do not know this "jacket" you speak of. My robe size is XXXIIV.

Jebus

SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 10:11 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Hey Jebus that is great. I'm glad to see that you are coming out of the trees and joining the ranks Disc Golf. Just make sure your robe is securely fastened!
Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 12:09 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Wheels, there is quite simply no way that you are a 42 regular.
Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 1:03 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

...and for being some sort of self-proclaimed "son of god"-like figure, you'd think Jebus would at least know how to use Roman Numerals... "XXXIIV"??? What the @#(%&@%& is up with that??? *grin*
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 1:30 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Hey Jebus, how about showing us an act of God. Like making Seabass's game rise from the dead.
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 1:37 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Okay, who left the door open and let Slopey Pete sneak in?

We've got to draw the line somewhere. And I think it should be drawn right in front of Calgary swill tossers.

Van Wheelin'

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:12 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Apparantly Jebus can't count to XXXIII and doesn't understand the concept of a Coat of Many Colours.

It's a good thing that he has twelve disciples in the bushes who'll be covertly moving his discs ahead in order to make their master take the plaid from it's rightful heir...

...Big Joe Mufferaw, Big Joe Mufferaw, Big Joe Mufferaw, Big Joe Mufferaw...

Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:15 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

El Wheelio, I do believe this is meant to be an open forum. I am of the opinion that this is the only defense I need. As for Calgary swill tossing... you should be careful when speaking of things you know not about... my game has picked up considerably since last we met. "The student has become.... the Master"

Slopey Pete.

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:21 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Yah, and the Masters have become the...Supreme GrandMasters.

Nuthin beats Roc
Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:50 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

NAH, the Masters have just gotten old, weak and crochety... smile
Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:54 pm    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

That is true in the case of our friend El'Wheelio.

Nuthin beats Roc
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:40 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Since LW has implemented his "send girlfriend to medical school and retire at age 31" he has become more of a 'bater, than a just a master. that don't make him a bad guy though.
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:49 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

Slopey: I'll take old and crochety, but there's no way I'm confessing to any weakness.

Shaggy: et tu Brutus?

Chowder: Thanks for covering my back on this one.

Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:57 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

awwww Wheels, you know i love ya.
I was only going to attribute old and weak to you. We all know that you're old, as for weaknesses... i do beleive you've got a weakness for fine wines and attractive blondes...
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 9:05 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Plaid Jacket Reply with quote

slopey,
don't you know its 8am in calgary?
what the hell are you doing awake and slagging wheels? i usually wait till at least 9 to 930 before i start slagging LW. i find it gives one more persepective.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: