Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Tournament Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 6:26 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

I was wondering if Steve Seabrook could post up some rules that we should be aware of, or any special interpretations that he wants to make for the Plaid Jacket.

For example, will we have an official "Out of Bounds" area (as delineated by the bike path / parking lot / roadways) or will we continue with our "if it is on pavement rule, you're SOL and lose a stroke" rule.

Now that some of us are going to sanctioned tournaments, we'll have to get used to the real rules.

Here is another one which came up tonight:

RULE: 803.04 OBSTACLES & RELIEF

A. Permanent or Integral obstacles to a Stance or Throwing Motion: Players must choose a stance which results in the least movement of any part of an obstacle that is a permanent or integral part of the course. Once a legal stance is taken, a player may not move an obstacle (or hold it back or bend it) in order to make room for a throwing motion. See 803.04 C for relief a player may obtain for certain casual obstacles prior to taking a stance. It is legal for a player's throwing motion to make incidental movement of an obstacle.

B. Obstacles Between the Lie and Hole: A player may not move, alter, bend, or hold back any part of any obstacle between the lie and the hole, with one exception. A player may move obstacles between the lie and the hole that became a factor during the round, such as spectators, players' equipment, open gates, or branches that fell during the round. Where it is not known if an obstacle has become a factor during a round, it shall not be moved. It is legal for a player's throwing motion to make incidental movement of an obstacle.

... and it goes on, but this post is long enough. Thoughts anyone?

There is a link to the official rules from the club web site.

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:47 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Why is it that only Don and Seabass are concerned about obstacles. Solution - put it in the fairway *grin*.

Nuthin beats Roc
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:49 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

daper don is right.
we should all know the rules.

however, we all don't have the time to read full dga rule book.

my idea is a large piece of bristle board near the club house with the relatively common/important rules highlighted in point form so that these rules can be quickly osmosised into our short term memory. (and then beaten into submission by the onslaught of beers (and other) during the rounds.)
thoughts, comments, whitty repartee?

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 9:47 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

It's witty damnit, witty.

With that said, I feel kinda responsible for the whole rule issue. I really was gonna take that stroke Don. I was just being a jackass cause that's what I do best.

I think the one rule that has to be followed closely is the foot foul. I know it doesn't really matter when you're just golfing with your buddies, but I see a lot of people two feet to the right of the tee box. Maybe they're just trying to avoid the dirt in the middle, I don't know. The tee box is there for a reason, moving outside the teebox changes the line and alters the hole.

We also have to make sure there is a board on every hole, I see people driving way in front of the sign on number three.

Damnit, this is starting to sound like the Ulti forum.

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 11:51 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

I say we get Twirly to start carrying a whistle. That way when he sees an infraction he can blow on the whistle and draw attention to it. It will be good practice for when he's patrolling this winter. Then we can all practice ignoring him.

Another idea would be to not say anything when someone is cheating and then slip a little dog shite in his disc bag. That will make him think twice about foot faulting!

Will Ferrell

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:39 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

I was trying to post a serious message.

I don't think we need any shit talk in the rules section.

W.

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:54 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

You're right LW. Shit talk should be reserved for the lost and found section.

Will Ferrell
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 2:02 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

What's your point tough guy?

Maybe if you weren't hiding behind that Chuck Shick name I'd whoop your ass.

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 2:41 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Let's go.
You and me.
One on one.
Any hole.

I am talking about golf by the way. I just felt I should clarify so that you didn't get confused and think you were on that other chat site you always post on.

Will Ferrell

Jebus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 3:58 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

The old book reads "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Foot faults should be met with deserved vengeance. Offending feet shall henceforth be severed and placed where all can see. Do you not yet realize that I see all!

Young Chowder, sinner!
The one called Twirly, sinner!
Chuck Shick and Little Wheels may be in my favor still, but be warned never to stray from the path of the righteous.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 5:35 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Sinner, and public golf course enemy #1!!!
i seek the chains, the sin just comes naturally.
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 9:45 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

No, No, No Chowder. You seek the chains and the swill comes naturally.

Will Ferrell
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 9:46 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

suck it chuck
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 10:40 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Chowder,
Your dyslexia is catching up with you again. In an attempt at explaining how an average game goes for you, you inadvertantly mixed up the order.

It's: chuck it. suck.

Will Ferrell

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:15 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Chuck, that was weak.
experiencing writers block???

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:41 am    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

Do you mean weak like "Suck it Chuck" or weak like your putting?

Will Ferrell
Naked Flamingo
Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 1:42 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

I'm sorry chowder but Chuck Shick basically got you down for the count on this head-to-head. Throw in the towel and go try to slag fight someone more your level, like on a Britney Spears teen chat site or something.

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 1:53 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

I'm glad someone finally stepped in to referee this one. It was getting ugly.

But why did you have to send him to the Britney site? Didn't you know there's a court order preventing him from communicating with teenage girls?

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 2:20 pm    Post subject: Tournament Rules Reply with quote

NF sent him to the Britney site 'cause he didn't want him to recognize his own distinctive style of swill writing at his Christina Aguliera Worship Site.

Bah! He should have created a site like this one instead:

http://www.indigos.net/endofagui/index.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: