Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> What is your favorite?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 11:43 am    Post subject: What is your favorite? Reply with quote

Have a favorite hole or a tip on the best approach? Drop those hints right here...

Best hole on the course is #9. Its very deceptive, because of the incline near the basket. If you try to drive straight for the basket your disc will fall short of the incline making your second shot blind.

Suggestion: drive to the right shortening the distance to the rise and make getting over the rise your first priority. Then its a relatively easy approach to the basket.

Steve

Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 3:21 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite? Reply with quote

I must be one of those big arms you were talking about Steve... I made it to the top of the rise no problem... it's what happened after that that was not so good. I went to the right with the drive, but it's quite deceptive from the tee - it's not as open a shot as you would think from up there.

Anyway, I think this thread is a great idea... I'll have to get a chance to play the course a bit more before I'll really be able to contribute however. smile

Cheers!

Ken

Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 9:01 am    Post subject: What is your favorite? Reply with quote

Okay, this isn't a favorite approach, so much as a warning for #4. Despite the trees blocking all view of the straightaway shot, I felt that it should be easy enough to go over bringing it left to right, and then coming back into the basket... however, it's important to note that the bike path bends over pretty far to the left on that side... so while I had a decently close second shot, I was sitting smack-dab in the middle of the path... hence OB, and going for a long putt...

Ken

Mike Hall Jones
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 9:31 am    Post subject: What is your favorite? Reply with quote

I'd have to agree that #9 is the most interesting.
I would think that to birdie you need to get to the left side of the rise. You can get there, but it is well guarded at the top of the rise. Once there, it is an open 30' foot putt for birdie.
Classic risk and reward hole. Take the big risk of going to the left and be screwed if you're short, but be rewarded with a birdie chance if you are good. Take less risk and go to the right, but have a tough low approach through trees for birdie.

Jeff Meldrum
New Golfer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2000 11:53 am    Post subject: What is your favorite? Reply with quote

For number 9 you can use a flick or a stingray and put it out hard over the orchard on 8. It is a risky shot but when it flies true, it is a gimme bird. When it doesn't you are at the bottom of the hill in the shmutz fighting for a par bid. To date I am about 2 for 15 with this shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: