Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Revamping the course
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveSeabrook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 1998 8:25 am    Post subject: Revamping the course Reply with quote

So you have played the course, lost a disc and cursed the obstacles. Next spring we may modify the course a little. Any suggestions, complaints or kudos?
SteveSeabrook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 1998 2:22 pm    Post subject: Revamping the course Reply with quote

After reading a great site on the web about building numbers in your local Disc Golf group, one of the most important items was a course for all abilities. This remark was specifically related to shortening most courses so the new people don't feel overwhelmed by those 300+ yard holes. Both 5 and 6 look awfully intimidating to the average new player. With that in mind it might be an idea to look into revamping holes 5, 6, 9. Don't shorten all of them but maybe one or two of the holes. In fact what might work well is shorten four/five and have a couple of finesse holes in the grove of trees.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 1998 9:58 am    Post subject: Revamping the course Reply with quote

don't fix what ain't broke...
Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 1998 2:47 pm    Post subject: Revamping the course Reply with quote

Personally, I don't mind the long holes... and I don't think they're really all that intimidating, aside from 6 (although that would be the one long one I would definitely want to keep - the challenge of that hole is great).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: