Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> stupid rocks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilder
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

i was playing dg at stevens house and i must have hit a rock with my brand new ching roc. It has a big cut in it and if i ripped it out it would be terrible. what is the best thing to do?

------------------
Have fun and keep playing disc golf!

Bevanoid
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

I feel your pain Wilder, I feel your pain

(have you seen my Eagle?!)

julz
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

that happened to me with a brand new roc about a year and half ago. I stopped using cause I thought it was broken. But then a few months later I took it out and learned that now no matter what, it always goes straight or right (when thrown with a backhand). this is known as a beat in disc, in this case, you may here people say a "beat roc". Once this happened, it became an integral part of my bag.

So, I don't know how big the damage in your is, but don't worry about ti right away, it might turn out to be a beat roc and .

This is something that is common to happen with DX plastic. Champion (Innova) and Z (Discraft) plastic won't damage as much when they hit rocks. Champion rocs are expensive and rare. I'd get a Z-Wasp. It's similar to your Ching Roc but better plastic. So, maybe your ching roc will now be your "straight" mid range disc.

There are certain rules about what you can do to a disc. Someone else will know the details. Not that anyone would probably enforce the rules on you, It's good to know what they are. Because you could file it down with a file. And other things that only adults can do (I'm not going to tell you on here because I know when I was your age, and someone told me to get the help of my parents I'd say "yeah sure" and not acutally ask them for help. )

test

test

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

Beat rocs rock!

Will Ferrell
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

Wilder glued his disc. Yup...glued...what am I teaching these poor boys?

Brother

------------------
I used to rock and roll every night and party every day...then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky to find half an hour each week in which to get funky...

Wilder
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

uh oh now im in trouble what am i supposed to do

------------------

DiscDiggler
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

Just throw it at a tree, the piece will fall off. Then all is well with the world. Brother/Teacher time to give him a rule book and pop quiz at the end of the week. haha
Bevanoid
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

Wilder, didn't Twirly tell you to take a lighter and get it hot so that it just goes back into place properly?
julz
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bevanoid:
Wilder, didn't Twirly tell you to take a lighter and get it hot so that it just goes back into place properly?

That's what I was referring to when I said "things that only adults can do". Didn't want him to go off playing with lighters and burn down his house.

test

test

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

Bring the disc to the next event and we'll see if it's still legal and if we can save it.
Wilder
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

ok that would be great BBP are you going on saturday to CF not really sure if I can go actually I will see tonight

------------------

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

I will be there on Saturday. Got to get out of Squash, eh? (Or some other raquet sport)
Wilder
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

sorry can't make it on saturday after all

------------------

Bevanoid
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: stupid rocks Reply with quote

Why can't you get out Wilder?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: