Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> Quebec DG Tour no more and setting my summer sched Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Quebec DG Tour no more and setting my summer sched Reply with quote

Quote:
MPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - QUÉBEC DISC GOLF TOUR

The QDGT was founded in 2011 to help develop and promote the growth of Disc Golf in Quebec. From year to year as the series grew, as it adapted and evolved, we focused our efforts on building a sustainable foundation to help encourage the growth of the game. Establishing and maintaining a Disc Golf communications network province wide was vital in meeting these goals.

We feel these goals have been reached to a point that we can now step aside. The QDGT 2017 season was the last season of our commitment. After seven (7) years of coordinating the series, with so many hours of committed personnel involvement, it is time for us to move on and target our time on other projects. Disc Golf is in a very healthy state in Quebec.

Through our implications in the series, we have met so many wonderful organizers, passionate clubs and players and private investors. Together we moved the game forward. Change is a good thing, and we feel confident that all will continue with their established events, and that new blood, will create events moulded to their visions.

We want to offer a big thank-you to all the volunteers, TD's, clubs, organizers, friends and sponsors who contributed greatly over the years. They always understood that although not flawless, the QDGT series was a successful vehicle to enhance and advance participation in events.

We have so many fond memories of the so many events. Thank-you, see you on the course out there.

Michel St-Pierre
(in charge of Peter Lizotte)

Peter Lizotte
(in charge of Michel St-Pierre)

https://www.facebook.com/Quebecdiscgolftour/

I'm hoping using the ADGM website I'll be able to continue to play these events (but first I gotta find the dates and courses). Would I be wrong to think the adgm.ca is the hub of Quebec?

Last edited by bbp on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
radapaw
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The QDGT was replaced by two smaller tours; one of them being the PDGA events:

https://www.facebook.com/TPADGQC/
https://www.facebook.com/SDGQ91/
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radapaw wrote:

Thanks. To bad it's all on not-face-to-Facebook.

Just trying to wade through those pages is giving me anxiety. At least I can see dates. Thanks, Justin.

Like I mentioned, Facebook gives me fits, and French Facebook is garage inducing. Is there any mention on there how registrations will work?
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Introduction to the Tournée Pro-Am Disc Golf (TPADG)

The Tournée Pro-Am Disc Golf is a new tour of Disc Golf tournaments in Quebec that was born after the end of the Quebec Disc Golf Tour last year.

The tour is a platform of competition, initiation and promotion of Disc Golf across Quebec!

To achieve this, the TPADG tour joins the PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association) for the accreditation of its tournaments. The Tournée Pro-Am Disc Golf is for everyone, from beginners, to amateurs and professionals! Thanks to new media, the tour will offer great visibility to Disc Golf and also to interested business partners in Quebec!

The TPADG organization is made up of several volunteers players of Disc Golf in Quebec. The team consists of founding members: Christian Vanier, Philippe Jaillet-Gosselin, Yan Bertrand, Karen Martel, Antony Harrisson, Étienne Couture and Don Lane.

Vision
The Tournée Pro-Am Disc Golf is a high-performance, dynamic and technological sports competition platform. It promotes Disc Golf by offering higher caliber events and thus a large showcase of media exposure, establishing Disc Golf as a legitimate sport in the province of Quebec and creating opportunities for innovative and effective development for players and business partners.

Mission
Establish a professional and innovative provincial tour for Disc Golf in Quebec, bringing together a network of players, fans, events, manufacturers and commercial partners.

Objectives
- Manage PDGA tournament tournaments in Quebec with disc golf elite.
- Expand the reach of Disc Golf by increasing its primary appeal by improving continuously improve the quality of events and increase media visibility.
- Create business opportunities for promoters of Disc Golf in Quebec.
- Maintain and preserve the core values ​​of Disc Golf - fun, ease of learning, creativity, innovation, individuality, camaraderie and ecology while growing up.
- Provide advanced statistics for the sport.
- Unite the interests of players, fans, promoters and manufacturers.
- Continue the innovation and progression of Disc Golf through research and development.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a course called Yodaco in Mirabel. It's got cement tee pads. These are things that are hidden on Facebook. Hate Facebook.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy. Christie Lake is already sold out.

My personal calendar: One event in August. 2 in July.

A whack in June and September.

It's the teacher schedule in me, but why do many on the outskirts of "summer" and not in July/August? Worlds is in September too. And in Vermont?!? I would understand an Arizona September (but I went in August and it still snowed on me). These are probably all explained on Facebook.

Canadian Open - September
Worlds - September
Canadian Championships - September
Plaid - September

Oh, and the Jedi Open - September

Probably geared for the touring pro (all 10 of them). Can't do the Canadian Open and the Pro Worlds though.

AMs Worlds is in July. Have to think of the students I suppose.

I see grass out there!!
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radapaw wrote:

Are these two organizations in direct competition with each other? There must be some interesting drama that came from this.

You know what still missing? The Doubles events from Drummondville.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non-PDGA tour:
Quote:
This year the Quebec disc golf series sees the light. We are proud to unveil our new project : a tour of multiple events that will crown the best player from greenhorns to elite players in the sport that most have yet to discover in Quebec. With the experience we have gathered over the last couple years in organizing events we hope to make this tour an annual rendez-vous that will grow and process over the years.

The tour has for objective to give back to the community. We have organised already many events with the same objective we reached our goal on all occasions. Everyone will benefit from the experience : both player and course owners.

The SDGQ aims to promote disc golf in Quebec and attract new players from all regions of the province as well as neighboring provinces. This year we have include a tour event in Ontario.

A player three best score (excluding the final) will be used to establish rankings of the season. These totaled results will be added to the result of the final to crown the 2018 SDGQ champions. Scoring system will be the same as prior series : 100 points divided by the number of players in the category then multiplied by the player finish position. For an example a player finishing 4th in a 20 player category : 100 / 20 = 5 5x16 (4th – 20) = 80 points.

Fees will be the same for all events.
Open 40$ / Master 35$ / GrandMaster 35$ / Avancé 30$ / Amateur 25$ / Femme 25$ / Junior 20$
To form a category at least three players must participate. In that case the player shall be ranked into another category.
A minimal amount of 45% of the registration fees will be given in reward. Categories considered as pro must be rewarded in cash ( open, master, grandmaster ) the other categories must be rewarded in merchandise.

The inscriptions will open a month before the event and you will be able to pay via paypal but you have to cover the 2$ paypal fees. Again this year we will take the inscription till the morning of the event.

SDGQ 2018 calendor :

13 may : Les ducs de Rouville-Parcours Domaine de Rouville (St-jean-batiste-de-rouville)

16 june : Le Challenge Grow The Sport-Parcours Ettyville SuperSpin (Bourget,Ontario)

15 july : Le Boss de Granby-Parcours Intergolf (Granby)

25 august : ADGM Open-Parcours île charron (Longueuil)

8 september : Le Jedi Open-Parcours Yodaco (Mirabel)

22 september : La grande finale-Parcours de la frontière ( St-Bernard-de-Lacolle)

SDGQ TEAM
Jovin Daigneault-Serie Director
Richard Sauvé-Director Assitant
David Gervais-Secretary Treasurer/Assisant
Jessyca Desrosiers-Councilar/Assistant

Stay ahead more news and detail are coming and hope to see you guys this season.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope to be able to grow the sport WE love TOGETHER
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gross Cup and ADGM Open have switched spots.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ODSA (which, by the way, the insurance thingy is open for 2018) only has two events on their calendar...and one is already sold out. Crazy.

Funny enough, The Black Fly registration opens tonight at 8 pm. Sold out by tomorrow?

Two events on the calendar, and by Wednesday, they will both be full.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ODGC events should be sold out this year too, with the whole save $5 thing, right?

Can't wait!
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ODSA has a Club points thingy: https://www.ontariodiscsports.ca/discgolf/individual-points-race

O-town is quite far down the list. Just above the Bay o'Tunder.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
The ODSA (which, by the way, the insurance thingy is open for 2018) only has two events on their calendar...and one is already sold out. Crazy.

Funny enough, The Black Fly registration opens tonight at 8 pm. Sold out by tomorrow?

I see that people are going to be registering for ODSA events today.
I am trying to contact them to see if I can get club coverage like in the past.
The info on their website is very confusing to me.

The website suggests $30/player, which is 3X what we paid last year.
I have phoned/emailed Chris Ozolins, stay tuned, will see if I can get ODGC players onto the ODSA list today. Will do so for those who have paid 2018 dues, and others trying to register today who are old reliable
ODGC members.

Ken
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to get the ODSA to call me back to confirm a date in IN THE SUMMER in Ettyville. I'll keep everyone posted.

Lot's of change in ODSA and unfortunately they did not get ahead of the game in putting together a tournament format that works best for the most.

They really needed to split up those gold cup / pdga events into separate Pro Am this year.

How anybody can feel they are in a competitive event worthy of travel and a $100 entry fee to then be in pool of 4 or 8 or 12 people is beyond me?

Growing pains I guess. Something probably not coming to Ottawa anytime soon.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also BBP there is a google doc on ODSA with the schedule of events planned so far.

Hope this link works. It's getting updated as events are confirmed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVqbZI8fgSgoymjj50hXle7GZAI3ZTx_LHY9uyo0XKw/edit#gid=0

Events in central and southern Ontario sell out in minutes, if not immediately, on-line.
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5 "C Tiers" that comprise the first five events in the TPADG, including the Outaouais Open, will all have registrations set up on Disc Golf Scene. We are still working on the tour final, which might be the "B Tier" QC Provincial Championships (still in discussion).

If you have any questions on this tour, reach me by PM either here or on FB.

-Don-
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Darcovich wrote:
bbp wrote:

I see that people are going to be registering for ODSA events today.
I am trying to contact them to see if I can get club coverage like in the past.
The info on their website is very confusing to me.

The website suggests $30/player, which is 3X what we paid last year.
I have phoned/emailed Chris Ozolins, stay tuned, will see if I can get ODGC players onto the ODSA list today. Will do so for those who have paid 2018 dues, and others trying to register today who are old reliable
ODGC members.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Not sure if you sorted any of this out.

$29.20 is dues for the Club for the year.
$10.53 is the individual (player) amount.

Again I believe there is a requirement for individuals to go to ODSA website and accept waivers.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John,

Yes, this has been set up for 2018 like we had last year.

We paid for 50 ODSA memberships, and your $20 ODGC 2018 dues will get
you 2018 ODSA coverage under the ODGC club package.

As I am notified of people paying their 2018 ODGC dues, I add ODSA membership for these people as well.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
Also BBP there is a google doc on ODSA with the schedule of events planned so far.

Hope this link works. It's getting updated as events are confirmed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVqbZI8fgSgoymjj50hXle7GZAI3ZTx_LHY9uyo0XKw/edit#gid=0

Events in central and southern Ontario sell out in minutes, if not immediately, on-line.

Wow. Cool. Didn't see that before. Thanks, John.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Lane wrote:
The 5 "C Tiers" that comprise the first five events in the TPADG, including the Outaouais Open, will all have registrations set up on Disc Golf Scene. We are still working on the tour final, which might be the "B Tier" QC Provincial Championships (still in discussion).

If you have any questions on this tour, reach me by PM either here or on FB.

-Don-

Thanks, Don. Do I need to be a part of Disc Golf Scene to register?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: