Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Course Conversations -> UPInINE? UPI9? Rolly's?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: UPInINE? UPI9? Rolly's? Reply with quote

9 holes. 2 tees. Two pond throws. A true par 4. 6 in the woods. 8,000 gaps to hit. 1 Kyle Fisher disc found.

So much fun. I thought it would be short, tight poke-and-hope holes. Nope. They have substance and are quite fair. There's the line. And on several holes, there's several lines. Hit one. Missed it? Now there's a new line for you to hit.

Right now there are two tees, Blue and Green. Pink tees coming for the Ultie crowd.

This is a perfect course for a putter only round, but to remain competitive from the Blues you will probably need a whack of shots, skills and therefore discs. I brought Mammoths (for flicks), Truths (for hitting the gaps), and Polar Bears (hitting shorter gaps and chains). Should have brought two more drivers. Played with Reg, a Leftie from Peterborough, and I can see the S-flick Annie throws that I missed because I didn't pack well enough.

I walked this property over a decade ago. I came to the conclusion it was way too buggy, really f'n wet, and would require a hell of a lot of work to make something decent.

Rolly and crew put a hell of a lot of work into it, it's not as wet as I remember, and in the fourth winter season of the year, there were no f'n bugs.

I love the flow. We need some directional signs to help with navigation, but I love how Hole 1 is in between 8 and 9. Love the jaunt out to the pond holes. Six is my favourite. There's so much room left for expansion. Rolly did a wonderful job in there.

Some sort of high-visibility tape on the poles, get a wood chipper in there, someone buy Rico a decent chain-saw, and buy whatever Rolly asks for to achieve his vision.

This course is awesome.

And yeah, someone found a Kyle Fisher disc.
radapaw
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Fisher's disc at the end. A white plaid jacket disc. Pat also found a driver that Rolly lost two years ago.

Great course with a lot of different shots. Two shots over the water. More work to be done, but definitely playable!
Fisher
ODGC Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for grabbing my disc. Hopefully I will get it at Alcove. It is good there is finally interest in UPI. That is my kind of golf. There is room for another full 18 par 62 in the back 40 too.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: UPInINE? UPI9? Rolly's? Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
9 holes. 2 tees. Two pond throws. A true par 4. 6 in the woods. 8,000 gaps to hit. 1 Kyle Fisher disc found.

So much fun. I thought it would be short, tight poke-and-hope holes. Nope. They have substance and are quite fair. There's the line. And on several holes, there's several lines. Hit one. Missed it? Now there's a new line for you to hit.

Right now there are two tees, Blue and Green. Pink tees coming for the Ultie crowd.

This is a perfect course for a putter only round, but to remain competitive from the Blues you will probably need a whack of shots, skills and therefore discs. I brought Mammoths (for flicks), Truths (for hitting the gaps), and Polar Bears (hitting shorter gaps and chains). Should have brought two more drivers. Played with Reg, a Leftie from Peterborough, and I can see the S-flick Annie throws that I missed because I didn't pack well enough.

I walked this property over a decade ago. I came to the conclusion it was way too buggy, really f'n wet, and would require a hell of a lot of work to make something decent.

Rolly and crew put a hell of a lot of work into it, it's not as wet as I remember, and in the fourth winter season of the year, there were no f'n bugs.

I love the flow. We need some directional signs to help with navigation, but I love how Hole 1 is in between 8 and 9. Love the jaunt out to the pond holes. Six is my favourite. There's so much room left for expansion. Rolly did a wonderful job in there.

Some sort of high-visibility tape on the poles, get a wood chipper in there, someone buy Rico a decent chain-saw, and buy whatever Rolly asks for to achieve his vision.

This course is awesome.

And yeah, someone found a Kyle Fisher disc.

I just noticed this, thanks for the enthusiasm
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a pair of sunglasses there last nite -- I left them on the log wall between # 1 and # 8 -- They had been there for a while , but not broken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Course Conversations All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: