Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Getting a PDGA Membership
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadianzombie
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Getting a PDGA Membership Reply with quote

Greetings all, I was thinking about joining the PDGA as I might try some amateur tournament attempts in the future. Just a few questions though, I'm a member of the ODGC, what benefits would I garner from membership in the PDGA? Also, is there a discount for club members in the PDGA? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Mark
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one Ottawa event that is PDGA sanctioned, the Capital Classic. You would save the $10 or so on the entry and you'll have your scores entered into your PDGA ratings.

There is no discount on your PDGA membership from having an ODGC membership.
Mike McCormick
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a member of the ODGC, make sure you sign on to become a member of the ODSA (Ontario Disc Sports Association http://www.ondisc.org). When you get to the option for payment, choose paid by club (the ODGC covers this cost, it is part of your ODGC membership). All ODGC club members are suppose to do this, and renew when the ODSA sends the renewal notice.

The ODSA membership insures you for injury and against lawsuits should you damage or hurt someone while playing disc golf (I think, you should confirm this yourself).

In addition, your ODSA membership will save you $5 on your PDGA membership (somewheres in the PDGA membership, there is a place to enter/select an affiliate or something like that, choose the ODSA, info http://www.pdga.com/affiliate-club).

The other option to a PDGA membership is to purchase a temporary membership at each tournament ($10), except A tier and National events. But a PDGA membership gets you some membership swag, a ranking, a disc golf magazine subsription and you are supporting disc golf in general.

Last edited by Mike McCormick on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike said it better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: